• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best TS & QS for "Zone diet" type food? Whole Food?

JJsmama

WDW addict
My husband eats mostly lean meats and fresh fruits and steamed broccoli, etc.
He will eat potatos but not a meal of potato + bread + mac n cheese...
Less bread, less pasta, less sauces... He does not eat salads, so that makes it harder...
He does not have to have this every single meal, but mostly. He does not have real dietary restrictions and is already quite slim, but he works out a lot and tries to be healthy. Trying to make ADRs. Suggestions, please?

He can ask for anything to be served without the sauce. He might have issues asking for "lean meat" though, unless the restaurant already serves leaner cuts.

WDW doesn't really give a lot of options for persons on specific lifestyle diets, so he's probably going to have to improvise, which means he will have to ask for quite a few things (like maybe fruit for dessert).

By Lean Meats, I just mean roast or grilled pork, turkey or chicken and steaks.
Otherwise, I am just looking for good options for veggies and fruits.

I just started looking through the Food P**N pics and it looks like Tusker House has great options! I see roast turkey, fresh plain green beans and broccoli and fresh fruit... I will put that one on the list :)

Boma might be a good option for you. They have a TON of salads and carved meats. You might also do well with Morocco in Epcot.

There's likely to be something on almost any menu he can make suitable for him. I just looked a few random TS menus and there's always something like a salmon sandwich that he can get without the bun, and it comes with a choice of sides of fries or fruit. At another place he can get shrimp with whole grain pasta. At another he can get a protein with steamed seasonal veggies.

If he's been at this diet more than just a few days, he should know how to work a menu to meet his needs.

They can make most anything plain if asked to (no sauces, breads and even no seasonings if you don't want it).

Buffets are always a good choice, because most offer carved meats, salads, & a steamed veggie option.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has a number of options that he might like. I eat a similar diet and I've been going over menus like crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter