best TS lunches??

We love the 50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney Hollywood. The fried chicken is great. You could also get pizza at Via Napoli (Epcot).

We often lunched at Liberty Tree Tavern, food was good, not a buffet, and it fit our MK touring plan after morning in Adventureland/Frontierland.

50's Prime Time Cafe used to be our favorite, but we found portion size, quality, and CM interaction steadily declining.

Some places have similar menus but cheaper prices for lunch. We would always visit Le Cellier for lunch, because it was same menu but cheaper and easier to get an ADR, but I think now the prices are the same for lunch and dinner.

Almost all TS restaurants now have the same menu for lunch and dinner with same pricing. A few off hand that don't:

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK (best dessert contender)
Kona Cafe at The Poly
Chefs de France at EP
Hollywood Brown Derby at HS sometimes has some extra lunch selections

Best vs. Favorites?

Parks:
MK - Cinderella's Royal Table. Plaza - because it's like a diner.
AK - Tusker House (we don't care for Yak & Yeti or Rain Forest).
EP - anything but Nine Dragons. We prefer Coral Reef (because we like the food and view).
HS - Sci-Fi & 50's Prime Time are both uniquely Disney. Brown Derby is a cut above, and pricier too.

Resorts:
Sanaa - best lunch at Disney.
Monorail - Kona or GFCafe
B'walk - ESPN or Beaches'n'Cream
Downtown - Splittsville. House of Blues for Gospel brunch.
Honorable mention - Cabana, poolside at Dolphin.

We like Chefs De France in Epcot for lunch (prefer it over their dinner menu).

We just did LTT for the first time recently and I have to say I was very impressed. We had great service, very fast, and the meals were really good. I had the Colonial Salad (I think it was called) and was not expecting to enjoy it so much but I did.

We often do some of the buffets for lunch as well since they are slightly cheaper. Crystal Palace and Biergarten in particular.

MK - never go to TS. Always do Columbia Harbor House

Epcot - Teppan Edo, Via Napoli

HS - Sci Fi

Ak - Yak & Yeti

Same here regarding Chef for lunch. We also like Mama Melrose for lunch. We get a salad and flatbread to share.

We love Table Service for lunch. Such a nice break. Quick service for dinner is MUCH less crowded, too. Win-win!

Faves:
Biergarten
Chefs de France
Coral Reef
Mama Melrose's

LTT, so bummed it is closer for renovations when we go! In Epcot, Biergarten is great food and atmosphere. In HS we are partial to 50s Prime Time, the sampler platter is phenomenal and get a milkshake to go! So yummy.

Sanaa is excellent for lunch. Many lunch entrees are very reasonably priced (some little more than counter service prices) so great value when paying out of pocket. Although perhaps best reserved for a day off so you don't need to waste precious park time on bus transportation to & from Kidani.

I like Coral Reef when on DP. Good use of a credit & if you get there at restaurant opening, the place seems a little less chaotic. The wait staff are fresh and a better chance of being seated closer to the tank.

Yak&Yeti at AK is a great choice for a TS lunch when paying OOP. I usually get an appie & one of their cold non-alcoholic cocktails. Really tasty & the restaurant's decor is fun.

As others have suggested, definitely do Sanaa. Great food and atmosphere. Some other suggestions I'd add in:

MK - Liberty Tree Tavern or The Plaza
Epcot - Via Napoli, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo
MGM - 50s Prime Time or SciFi
AK - Yak n Yeti (or Sanaa as mentioned above which is a quick bus ride away)

In the resorts...
Sanaa (are you sensing a trend here)
Kona
Whispering Canyon
Beaches and Cream

Yes, Sanaa is great at lunch, and I actually prefer some of their lunchtime offerings. I'm one who goes against the flow-TS for lunch, CS for dinner. I like Rose and Crown, sitting out on the deck watching the boats go across the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter