Best TS, character meals in the parks for boys

redrosesix

DIS Veteran
My brother will be taking his sons (5 and 8) to WDW in March. They will be eating only in the parks since they are not staying at a resort.

I have a girl, and she pretty much likes every character meal.

So could you give us some suggestions on TS restaurants and character meals that boys of that age would like? They might be doing all the major parks, and will probably make their plans depending on the ADRs they can get, so everything is open.

I would suggest chef mickey's they could hop on the monorail from MK it's really good or crystal palace if they are like pooh I know the food is really good there. I would also suggest maybe the T-Rex that opened in downtown disney haven't eaten yet but it looks soo neat.

Donald's BF Safari at the Tusker House in the AK. Nothing against Pooh or the Princesses, but Donald and Mickey are my DS's faves.

I have a 9 year old boy, who loves character dining. This is going to be a strange suggestion, so stay with me.

My sons fave is the 1900 Park Fare dinner at the Grand Floridian. Cinderella, Stepmother, both Stepsisters, and Prince Charming are here.

First of all Prince Charming is more than happy to talk sword fighting and dragon slaying...very "boy" accomodating talk. But secondly, the Stepsisters literally had a fight over who would marry my son and it was hilarious. All that you have to do is tell the Stepmother that your boys are rich princes who want to find girls to marry and the entertainment arrives. :rotfl2: It's really hilarious stuff.

The dinner is really good, maybe the best buffet that Disney has to offer. We'll be going there again.

If you want a conventional choice, then go with Chef Mickey at the Contemporary...you can't go wrong there either.

I will second the suggestion for Donald's Safari Breakfast in AK. Very fun, great character interaction, lots and lots of wonderful food choices, you can't go wrong!

Crystal Palace at MK is excellent. Our 13-year-old thoroughly enjoyed dinner here. Excellent food, lots of choices, and again, some fantastic character interaction. The Pooh characters are so cute!!

Sci-Fi at DHS is great for boys. Eating in the cars is lots of fun, and the food was decent as well.

As for Epcot....well, we monorailed over to the GF for the dinner at 1900 Park Fare like one of the previous posters. It was well worth the trip, delicious buffet, and the male diners had just as much fun as the wee princesses among them. The character interaction here is superb and draws in children (and adults) of both sexes!

Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary is also a possibility which they should consider. Very kid friendly and so much fun. And so close to the MK!

I have a 9 year old boy, who loves character dining. This is going to be a strange suggestion, so stay with me.

My sons fave is the 1900 Park Fare dinner at the Grand Floridian. Cinderella, Stepmother, both Stepsisters, and Prince Charming are here.

First of all Prince Charming is more than happy to talk sword fighting and dragon slaying...very "boy" accomodating talk. But secondly, the Stepsisters literally had a fight over who would marry my son and it was hilarious. All that you have to do is tell the Stepmother that your boys are rich princes who want to find girls to marry and the entertainment arrives. :rotfl2: It's really hilarious stuff.

The dinner is really good, maybe the best buffet that Disney has to offer. We'll be going there again.

If you want a conventional choice, then go with Chef Mickey at the Contemporary...you can't go wrong there either.

I agree completely. We would rank Chef Mickey's as the top, but 1900 Park Fare is a close second. Our son was showered with attention at this dinner last January. It is a definite meal for our next trip.

Thanks for all the responses, but I just confirmed that they are not interested in going outside the parks. They only have passes for 2 days and are not staying in WDW (so now EMH)

Although I agree that character meals are great, it could be just a TS restaurant - but they don't want anything "girly" They are choosing all TS because the boys have food allergies, and they know they can get better assistance with that at a TS.

Thanks for all the responses, but I just confirmed that they are not interested in going outside the parks. They only have passes for 2 days and are not staying in WDW (so now EMH).

So if they are only picking character meals at parks, then my top 2 suggestions are Tusker House at AK and Crystal Palace at MK. My boys are younger and they love Hollywood and Vine because Little Einsteins are DS4 favorites. At DHS, your boys might like SciFi better because of the cool cars to sit and and the old monster movies playing. My boys thought it was a great place. You might also consider Garden Grill dinner at Epcot.

The suggestion for Sci Fi is a great one. (If they're going to HS...)

Here's my breakdown of restaurants in the parks I would suggest:
AK: Tusker House
Epcot: Tepan Edo (unless they have something like that at home, then maybe Biergarten)
MK: CP
HS: Sci Fi or 50s PT

You guys are right - Sci Fi sounds great for them (the little one is into Cars, the older one loves Star Wars) I think they're going to all of the parks, so I'm sending them all the suggestions I get (plus, since they're going in March, they've left it pretty short to get ADR's -- this will take some juggling, I think)

My boys are 10, 9 and 2 and this is the list of character meals that they really enjoyed back in October.

MK - Crystal Palace, my boys had alot of fun with the characters.
Epcot - not a character meal but they thought Coral Reef was really cool
Hollywood Studios - Sci-Fi, they liked sitting in the cars, eating and watching the screen.

We didn't eat a TS meal at Animal Kingdom so I can't help you there.

Hope he finds some great TS restaurants for them. :thumbsup2

Here's our favorite's at the parks:

Hollywood Studio's: I say just forget the table service and go to Pizza Planet. Boys love that place.

Animal Kingdom: Tusker House

Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace

Epcot: Tough one for boys...I would just graze around the World Showcase and sample things. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the responses, but I just confirmed that they are not interested in going outside the parks. They only have passes for 2 days and are not staying in WDW (so now EMH).

So if they are only picking character meals at parks, then my top 2 suggestions are Tusker House at AK and Crystal Palace at MK. My boys are younger and they love Hollywood and Vine because Little Einsteins are DS4 favorites. At DHS, your boys might like SciFi better because of the cool cars to sit and and the old monster movies playing. My boys thought it was a great place. You might also consider Garden Grill dinner at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter