best trip to Disney EVER!

princessmj

Earning My Ears
Quite awhile ago I won a stay at the Swan/Dolphin for my review of a college program meeting that was held on my campus. Thanks to that trip my family was able to head down to Disney last week and spend a little "get-a-way" time with each other.

When we started planning back in September we asked my boyfriend, Adam, to come with us because he had never been to Disney. A few weeks later he told me he was not going to be able to come because he couldn't get off work. IT WAS A HUGE LIE!! Adam had been planning with my family the whole time to secretly fly down to Orlando and meet us for a huge surprise for me. And I had no clue, for months my family kept the biggest secret in history!

My mom, sister and I were planning on staying at the Swan/Dolphin and my brother and dad were going to stay in our RV at Fort Wilderness, where we normally stay when we go down. After the boys dropped us off we were going to take showers and then meet at Magic Kingdom to ride the new (or not so new) Space Mountain.

After my mom, sister and I hung out in Fantasyland for a while the boys called and we walked over to meet them. However, they were not in front of Space Mountain so my mom suggested we look over by the TTA and Carousel of Progress.

Low and behold they were standing in front of the Carousel of Progress waiting for us. My dad had such a funny look on his face so I knew something was up. He asked me to pose with him while we took a picture in front of the gears. (The Carousel of Progress is my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom, so I always take a picture with the gears when we go.)

Then my dad whips me around and there is Adam!!!! I was so surprised and couldn't believe it! And then get got down on one knee and proposed!!!!! Of course I said yes! :)

We had some cast members come up to us and give us free bride and groom Mickey ears and pins and told us we could go up front to the hat store and get the hats embroidered for free. There was also a met and greet going on with Buzz right next to us so we got to cut in line and take pictures. Buzz tried to propose to me as well, but Adam wouldn't let it happen.

We then spent the next few days enjoying Disney and showing Adam as much as we could before we had to go back to reality.

ps: we ate at Bisto de Paris and Cali Grill... SO GOOD!!!! :D
pss: there is a video of our engagement on my facebook http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&ref=mb#!/video/video.php?v=1258899830200&subj=1160760075

I am so glad the his HUGE LIE was all for good reasons.

Congratulations and best wishes for a happy and contented life together.

Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise! I got tears watching it. I love your "deer in headlights" look. :cool1:

Quite awhile ago I won a stay at the Swan/Dolphin for my review of a college program meeting that was held on my campus. Thanks to that trip my family was able to head down to Disney last week and spend a little "get-a-way" time with each other.

When we started planning back in September we asked my boyfriend, Adam, to come with us because he had never been to Disney. A few weeks later he told me he was not going to be able to come because he couldn't get off work. IT WAS A HUGE LIE!! Adam had been planning with my family the whole time to secretly fly down to Orlando and meet us for a huge surprise for me. And I had no clue, for months my family kept the biggest secret in history!

My mom, sister and I were planning on staying at the Swan/Dolphin and my brother and dad were going to stay in our RV at Fort Wilderness, where we normally stay when we go down. After the boys dropped us off we were going to take showers and then meet at Magic Kingdom to ride the new (or not so new) Space Mountain.

After my mom, sister and I hung out in Fantasyland for a while the boys called and we walked over to meet them. However, they were not in front of Space Mountain so my mom suggested we look over by the TTA and Carousel of Progress.

Low and behold they were standing in front of the Carousel of Progress waiting for us. My dad had such a funny look on his face so I knew something was up. He asked me to pose with him while we took a picture in front of the gears. (The Carousel of Progress is my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom, so I always take a picture with the gears when we go.)

Then my dad whips me around and there is Adam!!!! I was so surprised and couldn't believe it! And then get got down on one knee and proposed!!!!! Of course I said yes! :)

We had some cast members come up to us and give us free bride and groom Mickey ears and pins and told us we could go up front to the hat store and get the hats embroidered for free. There was also a met and greet going on with Buzz right next to us so we got to cut in line and take pictures. Buzz tried to propose to me as well, but Adam wouldn't let it happen.

We then spent the next few days enjoying Disney and showing Adam as much as we could before we had to go back to reality.

ps: we ate at Bisto de Paris and Cali Grill... SO GOOD!!!! :D
pss: there is a video of our engagement on my facebook http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&ref=mb#!/video/video.php?v=1258899830200&subj=1160760075

Amazing story , I'm crying :love:

Congratulations, what a wonderful story :)

Your boys are sooo cute :goodvibes I can feel my biological clock ticking :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter