• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best transfers from LAX airport to Disneyland Hotel?

julmops

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
It's pretty much all in the title...
We will get to LAX around 3.30pm on a Friday.
We don't and won't drive so what is the best providers in terms of transfers?
Your comments and experiences sharing are very much appreciated as always.
Many thanks!

I booked Super Shuttle for our trip next month. Our first trip I had rented a car.

I wanted to go with Disneyland Resort Express, but they don't stop at our hotel. And Super Shuttle says they will drop off/pick up right at our hotel door...

Always a bonus for sure! Let us know how they were for you mystic... Not coming to LA until January but looking at my options ;)

Always a bonus for sure! Let us know how they were for you mystic... Not coming to LA until January but looking at my options ;)

I will definitely let you know.

I also used a $4.00 off coupon I found on mousesavers.com

So instead of $64.00 I only paid $60.00 (2 adults RT from LAX)

mousesavers.com also has a coupon for the Disneyland Resort Express. (With coupon it was $90.00 for 2 adults RT from LAX)

We have used the Disneyland Resort Express on our trip 2 years ago. We flew into SNA and it took FOREVER for them to load everyone up and get to our hotel (not the DLH though). We used Super Shuttle last month from LAX and it was much better and faster.

We have used the Disneyland Resort Express on our trip 2 years ago. We flew into SNA and it took FOREVER for them to load everyone up and get to our hotel (not the DLH though). We used Super Shuttle last month from LAX and it was much better and faster.

I hope the Super Shuttle service is good for us in 3 weeks....

We had better luck with PrimeTime Shuttle. supershuttle tends to drive around the airport until the van is full. With PrimeTime we left and headed to DLR pretty quickly without a full van and they did not cruise around trying to fill it. On-line discount as well.

Thanks for all your replies ! Keep them coming ! I won't book for a while but it's very interesting to compare.

We are using Anaheim town car and sedan service. we did the whole shuttle thing, but my time is worth more than waiting for people to get on and off, and waiting to leave, and waiting to go to different hotels. It's about the same price as a taxi, and the person will be waiting for me when I get there.

It would help to know if you are looking for a private shuttle or one that makes many stops but is cheaper.

Hi all,
It's pretty much all in the title...
We will get to LAX around 3.30pm on a Friday.
We don't and won't drive so what is the best providers in terms of transfers?
Your comments and experiences sharing are very much appreciated as always.
Many thanks!

The Disneyland Resort Express stops at the Disneyland hotel first from what I have read. So you don't have to wait and stop at all different hotels before yours. That's what we chose for our trip at the end of the month.

I can only speak of service from SNA but we have always had good experiences with Super Shuttle and will be booking them later today for our trip next Monday.

I used Prime Time Shuttle on my last visit in Sept. 2011. I saw several Super Shuttle vans drive by while waiting for my Prime Time Shuttle at LAX. After my van finally arrived, it continued to circle the airport to pick-up more people. I'll book Super Shuttle for my trip in 2 weeks.

Whatever method you choose given you're arriving Friday afternoon be prepared for a LONG ride as traffic will be very very heavy. We arrived last Friday and it took about 90min in a cab.

Do you need to have a car seat for the super shuttle?

Yes. Although if your child is a little older, they may not make you. The rules say that if your child needs one legally then yes you have to have one. However SIL didn't bring one for her 6 year old and they didn't say anything about it. I personally wouldn't do it though.

I have used Disneyland shuttle, Karmel and DK Livery from LAX...The best for us was DK Livery hands down. It was a little more, but they meet you at baggage and load up everything for you, make a stop at a grocery store for you, provide a car seat if needed. We use them if we have more than 2 people in our group. Karmel we used last time in Feb and we had to wait 45 minutes for them to pick us up after we got off the plane and got our luggage, as they have to wait outside the airport area. Sometimes the Disneyland shuttle if you miss it you have to wait 30 minutes and then all of the stops..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter