Best Tip You've Used from the Disboards at WDW?

Too many to remember, but here are some:

Stay after the park closes for the "good night kiss"... we always left before or right at closing.

Pre-opening ADR's in MK (I love walking down an empty Main Street!)

Use snack credits at Food & Wine. We got some great things with those snack credits! Good value!

Where to sit for the parade at MNSSHP.

Free cups of water.

Snack credits used at Starbucks...get the Vente because it does not matter what size LOL.
Also use snack credits for breakfast items or lunch to stretch the QS entitlements to the day of departure. You can have the hotel's QS meal packed in brown bag to take home on the airplane if you have left over.

Do not sacrifice quality time with rushing from one place to another constantly. Some of the best pleasures of Disney are in the details that go overlooked.

On the boards you can find a thread (I did some time ago) with many disboard member's hidden secrets. Fun to consult when you are walking around for a little added fun or when waiting for a ride.

I am trying a few new learned advice this October/ November trip...will see how it goes. October 31st we are going to Hoopdy do review because 1.) I hear it is a great show and 2.) I learned here on the boards that the campsites go all out decorating for halloween and you can trick or treat as well.

Body Glide for your feet,
2 pairs of ahtletic shoes,
sweater organizer from Dollar Store or Target ($3) to organize your closet
packing cubes
you cannot possibly do everything so relax and enjoy your trip!

Pre-park opening advanced dining reservations. There are at least 3 in MK (Crystal Palace, Cinderellas Royal Table and Be our Guest) that serve breakfast prior to park opening. It's a great experience getting to the park while there are no crowds.
Guessing these are even harder to get than normal. Aye. Do they show up in the ADRs online? I've never done ADRs, which is why I'm asking.

Guessing these are even harder to get than normal. Aye. Do they show up in the ADRs online? I've never done ADRs, which is why I'm asking.

They do, and depending on when you are going they aren't always that hard to get. We got an 8:10 breakfast at BoG at 110 days out. We are going at a fairly quiet time of the year though.

They do, and depending on when you are going they aren't always that hard to get. We got an 8:10 breakfast at BoG at 110 days out. We are going at a fairly quiet time of the year though.
Oh, that sounds good. I was hoping that September would be fairly quiet, but I see that the crowd levels are "rising" and so may not be all that quiet after all. Oh well.

Thanks for the answer.

Back in the late '90s Disney was in a little slump regarding attendance. I had already booked a week at an AllStar for around $112 a night when on these boards I heard about discount codes for resort stays. I got one, called DIS and used it to get POR for $89 a night. Used codes a few years then learned about renting DVC points and the last 4 years we've stayed at BW for an average of $116 a night, totaal.

Bill From PA

I know about renting DVC points but I've never heard anything about these codes. How do you stay at Boardwalk for 116 a night? I'm assuming that's a studio.

Pre-opening ADRs?

Sorry, should have just said ADR's before the park opens... it always makes sense to me! :laughing:

I have three ADR's for my next trip in MK before the park opens (unless they are sneaky & open at 8 instead of the currently posted 9...). Two for BOG & one for CP. Once I get my FP+ picked out I will probably drop one of the BOG & maybe the CP.

The best tips have been:

- When the free dining promotion was coming out in 2013. It allowed me to call at 7am and get it before it was even being advertised on disney's site and other boards
- That you could get a refund/credit per night if you did not have a fridge in your room in 2013 when they were replacing them, we had a large group and it saved us $420, without this board I would have never had a clue
- Restaurants I never would have tried without reading about them on here
- Packing tips

I love to find out information right away and that is what I love about this site. If something is happening at Disney, I can usually count on Disboards to tell me about it first.

Never sure If i could post the websites name but the "Grocer" delivery service that goes to WDW. We bought enough food for breakfast, lunch and snacks during our trip and saved time in the morning and a little cash in the parks.

1) Learning about using Orbitz to book a room-only reservation. I didn't realize that (a) they sold rooms at any rate other than rack, (b) they often had rooms available when WDW might not, and (c) that when Orbitz is running their own promotion (X% off, e.g.), you can get their discount on top of the already-discounted WDW rate they're showing. Saved us a bundle both last trip and the upcoming one.

2) Bring envelopes for leaving mousekeepers' tips. So nice to have the envelopes handy.

3) Info about taking Amtrak to Orlando. (There's an Amtrak thread, in case you didn't know.)

And about 300,000 other valuable pieces of info!

Thanks, fellow DISers!

Rope Drop, hands down. It's been said over and over again how beneficial it is, and while it's common sense to many of us now, first timers just can't fully appreciate how great it is.

The best piece of advice/tip we've used was actually on the Universal board, but applies to WDW, too. If you check in early in the morning, you can go to EMH. You won't have a room, but your tickets will be activated and you can get into the parks early. We found this out at Universal right after Harry Potter phase I opened. You can check in as early at 6AM at Universal, don't know how early at WDW. We stayed off property on points the night before so we saved a lot of money (to be used on souvenirs).

Rope Drop, hands down. It's been said over and over again how beneficial it is, and while it's common sense to many of us now, first timers just can't fully appreciate how great it is.

I'm still not sold on this one. With a good plan, we can do things during the last 1-2 hours of park operation that could never be accomplished in the morning.

Here's just two examples:

1. Toy Story Mania 4 times in one hour. (We do this almost every visit)
2. A&E plus 7 Dwarfs Mine Train twice in 30 minutes.

I would also thrown in Tower of Terror 13 times in 2 hours but I can't imagine anyone else ever wanting to do that one.

Not exactly tips, but when I first started going to WDW a few years ago the best advice and knowledge about tickets and upgrading came from two other posters.
Cheshire Figment who saved my family lots of money by explaining and answering my many ticket questions.
and
Robo with his maps and park strategies.

I realize a lot of that is old now what with the magic bands and park updating but at the time it really helped.
Love love love @Robo maps! They are the absolute best! I now need to find the fast pass guru! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter