Best times for character breakfasts?

mom2clr

Mouseketeer
Not really sure where to post this.

My family is big on breakfast but not big on getting up SUPER early.

I was wondering what the experience is going to breakfast first available slot verses an hour before breakfast ends? Do they rush you before the lunch crowd??

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

The biggest demand for (and thus the hardest to get) ADRs is that early morning pre-opening ADR so that you can enter the park when it's completely empty (get some great photos), have a big breakfast, meet all the characters, and still enter the park right at rope drop. That way you aren't wasting any park time by eating.

The second best time slot for character breakfasts are from around 10:30 and later. This allows you to make RD (or EMH) and get all or most of the headliners done before the crowd levels build too high. You aren't rushed or pushed to leave the restaurant right away. Enjoy your meal at your own pace.

Either way, for these to work and not waste park time, you have to be out of bed early.

We've done a later breakfast there (ADR was for around 10am) and never felt rushed or anything. Crystal Palace is actually one of our favorite character breakfasts! Be sure to try the Pooh's French Toast. Enjoy!

We love getting the pre-park opening ADRs, but on our last trip, we had been unable to get the ADRs we wanted at the Crystal Palace and wound up getting seated as walk-ups at about 10:45.

We weren't rushed at all, in fact, once the breakfast crowd cleared out, it was very relaxed. At least two characters came around for a second visit with the families that were left after they had done the full rotation. Also, if you're seated for a late breakfast and are still dining at the time of the changeover, you can have a selection of food from two meal offerings, and get charged for the earlier (cheaper) meal. We left RIGHT as they were putting out lunch, but if we wanted we could have easily stayed for 20-30 more minutes and had some of those treats as well.

We've done a later breakfast there (ADR was for around 10am) and never felt rushed or anything. Crystal Palace is actually one of our favorite character breakfasts! Be sure to try the Pooh's French Toast. Enjoy!

We love getting the pre-park opening ADRs, but on our last trip, we had been unable to get the ADRs we wanted at the Crystal Palace and wound up getting seated as walk-ups at about 10:45.

We weren't rushed at all, in fact, once the breakfast crowd cleared out, it was very relaxed. At least two characters came around for a second visit with the families that were left after they had done the full rotation. Also, if you're seated for a late breakfast and are still dining at the time of the changeover, you can have a selection of food from two meal offerings, and get charged for the earlier (cheaper) meal. We left RIGHT as they were putting out lunch, but if we wanted we could have easily stayed for 20-30 more minutes and had some of those treats as well.

Wonderful to hear! Oldest DD wakes up around 8, but I could certainly move it up to 730 so we can make rope drop. There are plenty of ADRs available for the week we are going, I just wasn't sure what would work out better.

Thank you :)

I do love getting the pre-park opening ADRs to get going in the parks as soon as they open. But I have to admit some of our best character meals have been the last few ADRs before the breakfast closes. We weren't rushed through and I have found that the characters spend more time with you (that might just have been those examples though).

Specifically we have had great late morning meals at both Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe.

I LOVE the pre-park opening ADR, I love to get in there and get pics in the empty park! That being said we usually don't make that ADR since DH would rather sleep an extra hour. We usually get a late (10:30) ADR but get to the park for rope drop to hit our favorites. It works out well for us.
Laurie

When we have breakfast at Ohana or Crystal Palace, I schedule us around 7:30. That usually gives us plenty of time to eat and be ready for park opening. My family loves breakfast (although I could take it or leave it) and getting at a restaurant at 730 isn't too bad for us. We're not early morning risers either, but I insist on rope drop :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter