best times at BB for waterside

sitkamom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any suggestions about getting a waterside table at Blue Bayou? Is it best to have a ressie when they first open or shoot for later in the afternoon when lunch rush has passed? We're heading to DL next Thursday for 6 days, so we can certainly try a weekday if that helps.

First reservation time, 11 or 11:15 I think, get there early and request to sit by the water. We did this and sat one row back from the very edge of the water, so it is hit or miss and depends on party size.

Does anyone have any suggestions about getting a waterside table at Blue Bayou? Is it best to have a ressie when they first open or shoot for later in the afternoon when lunch rush has passed? We're heading to DL next Thursday for 6 days, so we can certainly try a weekday if that helps.

Whenever your PS is, be prepared to wait an extra 15-30 minutes for waterside. Sometimes it's available faster, but if others are also asking, it can take a little extra time. Don't wait until you're starving.

We ate there last thursday 5/10. First ressie time was 11:30, we were a party of 2 celebrating a birthday. We sat right at the rail for the water.

We noticed the whole time we were there eating that even though the tables by the water were 4 tops only parties of 2 were seated by the water. :confused3

We have had great luck by doing the first lunch,1130, show 15 minutes early, and make sure you ask for waterside when you make the reservations.
Seems to work for us whether 6,4,or 2 people.

Jack

It really does not matter much what time you reservation is for. Just make sure to request when you make the reservation and then at check in. It usually only adds about a 15 minute wait.

If you make a reservation for the first seating at lunch or dinner you could get lucky, but they stagger how people are seated. So it's really luck of the draw if you are the first seated by the water of the fifth.

I tried the casual approach of checking in and waiting x 2 many years ago and we did not get waterside even after 1/2 of wait time so now my level of paranoia is what I stated above, always waterside since then.

Jack

We always request first reservation of the day, request water side, arrive early, request it again, and we've been accommodated each time we've done all of the above.:thumbsup2

11:30 reservation, request waterside on the phone, check in at least 15 minutes early and again request waterside. That works for us every time. We are usually seated right at 11:30 at our waterside table.

We have gone to eat at BB at later times as well, but the wait for waterside is much longer. Also note that many times the hostess will tell you that the waterside wait will be 30-60 minutes longer, we have never waited that long, our max wait for waterside was 20-30 minutes.

I called a few weeks ago about waterside and was told they could not make a note of it over the phone, but we had to request at the podium.:(

And make sure that when you check in your entire party is there. They won't just seat one or two if your party is four people. Check in together and then wait there together, don't leave to go shopping for 15 minutes.

I called a few weeks ago about waterside and was told they could not make a note of it over the phone, but we had to request at the podium.:(

Many CM's will say this but many will also make the note. ymmv

And make sure that when you check in your entire party is there. They won't just seat one or two if your party is four people. Check in together and then wait there together, don't leave to go shopping for 15 minutes.

Again ymmv, we went for a birthday lunch, DBF was parking the car (for whatever reason the traffic that day was terrible, it took us half an hour just to get about 1/4 mile.......it was BAD) when we checked in, I explained the situation and they seated us with no problems. It may have helped that I already knew what he wanted to eat but I don't remember telling the hostess that, just the server when he wanted to throw a fit that we weren't all there. He was not a very nice server.......

11:30 reservation, request waterside on the phone, check in at least 15 minutes early and again request waterside. That works for us every time. We are usually seated right at 11:30 at our waterside table.

We have gone to eat at BB at later times as well, but the wait for waterside is much longer. Also note that many times the hostess will tell you that the waterside wait will be 30-60 minutes longer, we have never waited that long, our max wait for waterside was 20-30 minutes.

I totally agree with this. We usually try to get the first available dinner ressies (4:00) to beat the dinner rush and check in 20 - 30 minutes early, requesting water side table. We are a party of 5 and they definitely have tables for parties our side that are water-side. Again, as previously stated, they told me it may be a longer wait, but it wasn't. In fact, we were seated earlier than our ressie by a few minutes!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter