Best time to visit

Ruana74864

Earning My Ears
We are saving to take 4 children and 6 grandchildren to Disneyworld. Staying on site. Money is an issue but not total consideration. Must be a memorable vacation. Need to know best time to visit. When is off season? Where to stay. Youngest grandchildren (twins) will be 5. Will be flying in to Orlando.

Off-season at WDW, IMHO would be
- January (after New Year's and avoiding the MLK federal holiday weekend)
- February - early in the month before President's Day
- May - pretty nice weather, Memorial Day weekend can be crowded
- June - early is better; late June brings the summer crowds
- August - after the 15th the crowds thin, but the weather is still steamy
- September, October - nice months to visit
- November - a nice time, but there are lots of events - Food & Wine Festival, Daytime Soaps weekend, etc.
- December - early in the month is a lovely time to visit and see the delightful decorations

With such a large group, you may wish to consider staying at a DVC resort. The largest of these resorts sleeps 12. They are pricier than a resort hotel, but you may be able to rent points from a member. At a DVC resort, you will have a washer/dryer, full kitchen area and lots of room. If that is not in your budget, you may want to try one of the moderate resorts. All are beautifully themed.

You also will be able to use Magical Express to get from the airport to your resort. This will save you a good deal, too.

February is my favorite time in the parks. The weather is cooler (it can be quite chilly in the morning, but in the low 70s in the afternoon). Take a jacket in the morning and stuff it in a locker when it warms up.

The crowds are very low the first part of February.

I have to pick September. The crowds are so small, the weather is nice, and there is usually some kind of deal offered. However, if your grandkids are school aged, this could be an issue.

early Dec is a great time....not busy and the kids will LOVE the Decorations.

I have to pick September. The crowds are so small, the weather is nice, and there is usually some kind of deal offered. However, if your grandkids are school aged, this could be an issue.

Ditto. I like the small crowds in Sept. It's still hot there but you won't have to wait in long lines (or sometimes *any* lines for that matter!) for rides.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter