Best Time to Visit

Kelsey106

Earning My Ears
We have been to WDW 15 times. The best time of the year we found to go there was the week after Thanksgiving. Everything was decorated for Xmas and the crowds were very light. If you have small kids not in school I would highly recommend going to WDW during this time.

We have been to WDW 15 times. The best time of the year we found to go there was the week after Thanksgiving. Everything was decorated for Xmas and the crowds were very light. If you have small kids not in school I would highly recommend going to WDW during this time.

That is exactly when we plan on going back in 2008. We just went (4/16 - 4/22) and we were not happy with the crowds. Too many rides with waits and too many people in the crowds. Yes, I know the parks close earlier during down times, etc..., but I also know that you can get more done when there aren't long lines and then you can relax more after the parks close! My DH will only go back if I swear not to make him 'go go go' for 6-7 days. I'll try! :laughing: I know it'll be different when it's not as busy. I get all stressed with knowing we need fast passes for popular attractions and all that. When it's quieter, then I'm more relaxes!

Kelsey106, you are correct imho, I'll second that it is the best time of the year to go!

I'm counting on that. We are going the week after Thanksgiving this year. I know that when we go in July it's going to be crazy hot and crazier crowds. So, we're going to relax a lot more by the pool this July, only going to the parks at night for EMH and wait until Nov. to do a lot of the park stuff.

We also can't wait to see Disney all decked out for Christmas. We've never been at this time of year before and have only seen it on TV. We just can't wait.

I have never been this time of year either but I really want to go. We usually go in September and the crowds are very low...but the lovebugs are everywhere...at least they were last year. I will never go again when the parks are busy. Its just not the same.

The week before Thanksgiving is a great time, too. We went in 2004 and my son and I rode Splash Mountain twice without getting out of the boat! No one was waiting in line! We could have gone more times, but I didn't want to get anymore wet.

Has anybody ever been the week of Thanksgiving? We're going this year and I've been told that the crowds are light at the beginning of the week, and they get heavier towards the weekend. The Christmas stuff is out and we'll go to a Very Merry C.mas party. We can't take the kids out of school, so that's a good option for us for 5 days. We went spring break this year and it was a nightmare. :scared1:

Unfortunately, anytime school is out, WDW will be busy. Holidays are just as busy as spring break, with the week of Presidents Day and Christmas, and the week after being the busiest. The week of Thanksgiving will also be busy, it's better to go the week before or the week after, which I have done.

I agree 100%!! :thumbsup2 Also, value season begins again :cool1: then so more money for Disney treats! To be at Disney at Christmas time if you celebrate it is just :tinker: magical . We were so happy when we went last year, but we did notice that the crowds picked up during Pop Warner. We went for two weeks since we travel so far so it was the second week after Thanksgiving that it went a bit mental ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter