• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to visit Trader Sam's Grog Grotto

Brewersprts

Mouseketeer
I am going to take a quick trip to WDW at the end of the month and I am wanting to go check out our new Trader Sam's. I don't drink and the food doesn't sound very good to me but I really want to look around.

What is the best time to go?

I assume a weekday but should I be there when it opens? Or maybe at 8, when kids are allowed?

1) Weekday.
. . . at opening.
. . . stand in line 30-45 minutes ahead of time
. . . get stamped
2) BEWARE of weekends, when us locals come out and the place is jammed most of the night.

I'll definitely report back after our trip in October. Planning on going on our arrival day. Just hoping flight delays don't jettison our plans.

Might be stupid but I am going to attempt it the night I arrive in Orlando in a week and a half. So it's a Saturday night, but it's the only time all week I will be able to, so we will see! If it's too crazy then I will just hop over to MK!

I was able to get in around 6pm on a Wednesday in early June. I was by myself and first sat at the big group table with others, then snagged a table alone under the volcano when it opened. Others joined me by 7:30-8pm. Really fun experience, and I ended up making it my dinner with a few of their tasty bites. I didn't see how crowded the patio was.

Might be stupid but I am going to attempt it the night I arrive in Orlando in a week and a half. So it's a Saturday night, but it's the only time all week I will be able to, so we will see! If it's too crazy then I will just hop over to MK!

You're beating me by just over a week. Let us know

We are going to try to make it on a Sunday in November. Planning on being there in line at 3. It's also the last night of F&W, so I'm hoping the crowds head there instead. :ssst:

I found this thread from a search & figured I'd resurrect it with my experience, though it seems that the OPs trip has come & past at this point...

I went during the 1st week of May on a Tuesday afternoon & got in the line outside around 3:30. I was maybe the 10th person in line & there were 2 others in my party. We ended up sitting at the community table in the middle with the stools instead of a booth/private table. We had fun but next time I would like to sit on the outside of the room at a private table b/c there were posts in my line of sight which made it a little hard to see some things. My friends ordered the tacos & they liked them. I ordered the sushi which I unfortunately did not eat much of b/c it was very heavy with rice wine vinegar. But it was fine when the server took it off of the check so I didn't mind. I would recommend doing what we did & getting there at 3:15-3:30 at the latest if you want to be the 1st group to sit inside. :)

We're staying at GF for a few days at the end of our trip. Was thinking of visiting the last night of our trip which is also the last night of the F&W festival (Monday Nov 16). If we went late, like closer to 10, do you think it wouldn't be quite so crowded? I don't really want to wait in line for hours :-/

I was able to get in around 6pm on a Wednesday in early June. I was by myself and first sat at the big group table with others, then snagged a table alone under the volcano when it opened. Others joined me by 7:30-8pm. Really fun experience, and I ended up making it my dinner with a few of their tasty bites. I didn't see how crowded the patio was.

Hey Rafiki--(if you're still around) Were people at the community table friendly? I'm cool with sitting with strangers if it's a chatty group. Not that you can predict who I'd sit with, but just curious about your experience there. :earsboy:

Our only opportunity to fit it in is also on the Saturday night of our arrival. We won't be there til the beginning of December, during a supposedly slower week, so I'm hopeful the wait won't be too horrid! Good luck!

Our only opportunity to fit it in is also on the Saturday night of our arrival. We won't be there til the beginning of December, during a supposedly slower week, so I'm hopeful the wait won't be too horrid! Good luck!
I forgot to update after my trip! I got there about 9:00 and the wait was 1.5 hours. Yeah so that wasn't happening! I'm going to be there again in early December as well and hope to try again on a week night!

Last edited:
Hey Rafiki--(if you're still around) Were people at the community table friendly? I'm cool with sitting with strangers if it's a chatty group. Not that you can predict who I'd sit with, but just curious about your experience there. :earsboy:

Absolutely! And I generally am not a talk-to-strangers kind of person.

I sat with two different groups, first a bday party of locals and they totally didn't mind me crashing. It was fun! Then I moved to a table alone and a mother-son joined me-- he was moving to the area soon after college graduation.

We chatted first about Trader Sams, our drinks, and Disney World of course-- experiences, first time or not, etc.

It was a good time, and surprisingly not awkward.

We were there 2 weekends ago and we walked right in. It was Sunday night, and about 9ish. We had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter