Best Time to Visit Aulani?

Beth

Just happy to be here...
Hello folks,

If you could travel to Aulani at any time during the year, what would you consider as "best" time to visit, both in respect to weather and crowds?

We plan (hope!) to stay for about a week.....

Thanks!!!
~ Beth

Hi Beth,

I am going to say anytime from April through September. The other months get more rain.

The weather is perfect on Oahu. I HATE the heat. I mean, I HATE it. And I found Oahu very comfortable (we were there in July). I did have some portable fans with me, too.

If I could choose, it would May. Not much rain and the temps are about 85 degrees.

Are you going with points or booking on your own? If you are booking on your own, then I would go when Aulani is offering a special (for example, this fall is stay 3 nights and get an additional 2 for free).

Let me know if you have any other questions! :goodvibes

Thank you SO much for your time and response - I really appreciate it! I've lived in Central Florida my entire life, but I hate the heat, as well! I'd love to get over there and enjoy those "island breezes!"

Thanks again!

I have been twice now, May and June. I have now said I will not return to Hawaii unless I go when the whales are there. That is generally the winter months. You may get lucky and see some in April/May but there won't be as many. I also think the weather in HI can be pretty unpredictable. When we went in May, supposedly a drier time, it absolutely poured for 5 days straight. Newscasters kept commenting about the unusual rain. But, it didn't really spoil our time just that it wasn't expected.

I've been in Feb, March, April, May, August and Sept (to hawaii that is). All are great. Yes, slightly more rain in some months but still gorgeous. Summer is hotter but trade winds are around most of time.

I have lived on island for 2yrs now.. really anytime is a good time to visit.. its more crowded in waikiki in the summer months.. but Aulani is FAR from Waikiki so unless you go into waikiki you wont have any problems.. winter months are more rainy for us but the showers are typically short bursts and then are gone.. you get bigger waves on north shore in the winter which is fun for everyone to go watch.. (notice i said WATCH.. not be in lol), and winter is whale season :)... Temps stay around the same year round :)

skissugar said:
I have lived on island for 2yrs now.. really anytime is a good time to visit.. its more crowded in waikiki in the summer months.. but Aulani is FAR from Waikiki so unless you go into waikiki you wont have any problems.. winter months are more rainy for us but the showers are typically short bursts and then are gone.. you get bigger waves on north shore in the winter which is fun for everyone to go watch.. (notice i said WATCH.. not be in lol), and winter is whale season :)... Temps stay around the same year round :)

Concur!

We went for ten days during the last 2 weeks of April earlier this year and the weather was perfect and it wasn't too busy. We only had sparing sprinkles of rain a couple times and one 10 minute down poor, otherwise it was gorgeous and the temperature was lovely.

Anytime is a great time to go to Hawaii!!! Temperatures in Hawaii don't change all that much during the year (thanks to the trade winds). We've been in March, September, October, November and December. It's busiest during holiday times. There's a saying in Hawaii - if you don't like the weather, go to the other side of the island - it's true.

We were at Aulani last May (the second week) low crowds and weather was absolutely perfect, right around 83 everyday. No rain.

Anytime is a great time to go to Hawaii!!! Temperatures in Hawaii don't change all that much during the year (thanks to the trade winds). We've been in March, September, October, November and December. It's busiest during holiday times. There's a saying in Hawaii - if you don't like the weather, go to the other side of the island - it's true.

When in Oct did you go?
We are going 11/26-11/02 and were just wondering how the weather was in the past for that time frame.

I am doing a cruise in April and going to fly in from east coast 3 days ahead of time. We will have 3 nights to spend including a very long travel day there.

I am considering staying at Aulani (no DVC or points) in a parlor suite for family of 5 (kids are 13,10,7) Would we really enjoy it more than a luxury resort hotel on Waikiki beach? What about getting there from airport? shuttle?

Any info helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter