Best Time To Go To Wdw?

magickingdomrules

Earning My Ears
WE WENT MAR 22 THIS YEAR AND IT WAS TERRIBLE. I DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT SCHOOL VACATION SINCE MY KIDS ARE TOO YOUNG. WE WENT NOV. ONE YEAR AND IT WAS GREAT EXCEPT TOO COLD FOR POOL. WAS WONDERING THE PERFECT TIME, CROWDS AND WEATHER WISE, TO GO.

THANKS

IMO, May would be the perfect time to go to WDW. In May there are some crowds but it it really not that bad. Also, the weather is spectacular! It is usually in the upper 80's during the day, but at night it drops to the mid/high 60's. It is great pool weather, but it also can get too warm.
I have been down in May plenty of times to get the feel of the weather. I love going down in May and my dad has also gone down in January and he enjoys it, but says that May is much better. IMO i suggest going in May, but as long as u enjoy the warmth and enjoy using the pools!:teeth:

Im sure you will have a magical time no matter what time of year you go down::yes::

We have been to WDW in May and October - either time is wonderful. The crowds are not bad and the weather is nice. We like October a little more because it doesn't get quite as hot during the day. One year in May we had 90's!!! Both times are fine for the pool. We usually go middle of either month.::MinnieMo

We've been there May, June, August, Sept, Oct and Nov.

Nov was was cooler. It rained only a couple of days that trip. Highs were 82-85. Less humidity. Light crowds. It was the only trip I didn't have to keep my hair pulled up. It was still warm enough to swim. We were there the 2nd-16th.

Sept and Oct were beautiful. Hot and humid. Sept it rained a couple of days, but the Oct trip had 10 days of rain. And I don't mean the afternoon rain, then it clears up. The bus drivers did say that the rain was unusually heavy that trip. Crowds were very managable.

May, Jun and Aug were blistering hot and very crowded. Rain every afternoon. Don't think that I didn't like those times of the year, because I did. It just takes alittle more planning to make things doable, such as afternoon breaks, drinking more, fastpasses etc.

We have been the past few Januarys and we love it. For one, it gets us out of our cold Alaskan winters! Also, it isn't crowded or hot. It can be quite chilly though. We go pretty much anticipating not using the pool much or going to a water park. Sometimes, we are pleasantly surprised by the warm weather though. This January (2004), the first few days of our trip were nice and warm and we wore shorts, towards the end it was cold and windy. We even rescheduled our Discovery Cove day because it was about 40 degrees!
Over all, we love January! Plus, if we go in early January (which we usually do) we still get to see the Christmas decorations without the holiday crowd!
Dawn

October was one of our best trips, but don't go near Columbus Day-too crowded. Something around the 20th or so is perfect. Weather is great and so are the low crowds.

We've been there in May, June, August, September, October, and November, and each has its own benfits.

Our first trip in 1996 was September. I enjoyed that time, it wasn't very croweded, and the tempature.
May, June, and August were all very hot, but if you plan it right, it is a very nice time of year. Shows are a nice way to get into the A/C, as are indoor rides. Also, drinking enough water is key. Also, going back to the room is good. The advantages of May - August is that the parks are open later (but with more crowds). Everything is a trade off...less people means shorter hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter