Best time to go to see Regular HM?

joedave12

Earning My Ears
My husband graduates collage in August and we are planning a trip! Originally I had it planned 9/13-9/16 but realized that we would see NBC overlay .. likely and it has been years since we have seen HM without it! So what do you recommend! This is a huge factor in our trip! (That and the NFL schedule! LOL) Thank you so much for your help!!

If you want to see normal HM, I would go immediately after his graduation, unless they've already closed it to put on the overlay. The period of time it's closed has gotten a lot shorter from just back in '09, but it still is closed to put it up and take it down (around the first week of January). So I'd say really really fast after his graduation, or delay the trip until mid-January.

It'll close Labor Day weekend or right before. So either go right away in August or you'll have to wait until MLK weekend in January or later.

We PURPOSELY planned our trip Aug 17-24 so that we could be there for the regular HM. Last year we went during halloween time (for which the park was fabulously decorated). HM is my friends FAVORITE ride and, personally, I was not impressed with the NBC overlay. I missed the original. According to last year's schedule, we should be there the last week it is open before the holiday overlay. Hope everything works out. And congrats for the graduate.

We PURPOSELY planned our trip Aug 17-24 so that we could be there for the regular HM. Last year we went during halloween time (for which the park was fabulously decorated). HM is my friends FAVORITE ride and, personally, I was not impressed with the NBC overlay. I missed the original. According to last year's schedule, we should be there the last week it is open before the holiday overlay. Hope everything works out. And congrats for the graduate.

Funny- I love the NBC version and not the regular.

Funny- I love the NBC version and not the regular.

Heresy!! ;)

Having only seen the NBC overlay since I started taking my family, I'm grateful I get to see it from how I remember it going with my parents....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter