• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Time to go in Summer? Please help!

GoofyFairie

DIS Veteran
Is there one week that is better to travel to the world than another? Is it packed the first week of June when school is out? What about the heat?:worried: Thanks to all for the info!

Is there one week that is better to travel to the world than another? Is it packed the first week of June when school is out? What about the heat?:worried: Thanks to all for the info!

The best time is when an unseasonable cold front comes through;)

I think all of summer is "busy"....I would think June would be better than July with crowds because the Northeast is still in school. Everyone is out for July...with drips and drabs going back in Aug.
Kerri

Early June or late August will be best for crowds. It will be hot and humid the whole time.

We're going the last week of August -- the second time that we've chosen this week.
We always used to go during off times. We'd pull the kids out of school in late September, early October, early May -- times like that. But with the kids being older, we can't do that anymore.
We're from the New York area, where school doesn't start until after Labor Day. Something like 80-to-90 percent of the country's public schools start before that, so we found late August to be not bad crowd-wise.
It is hot and humid -- with passing late-afternoon thunderstorms very common. But that doesn' bother us all that much. Our biggest fear is a hurricane, but you can't possibly plan for that!
Have fun no matter what you choose.

I'm going to echo that the first week of June or last week of August are the best because a lot of people are still in school the first week of June, and a lot have gone back by the last week of August.

I've been there both weeks, and my general analysis is that the crowds were about equal. The last week of August has some of the hottest temps I've ever experienced. Sometimes early June still picks up Spring temps, which are still hot, but not like what I experienced in late August. ;)

you'll want to avoid around the 4th of July which is one of WDW's busiest times of the year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter