Best Time to Go in May

amyinindy

Earning My Ears
We know we'd like to take a 3 night trip in May, I just don't know when in May. I've seen a few calendars out there that indicate Sunday - Wednesday is less crowded than Wednesday - Saturday, and that the first 2.5 weeks of May are less crowded than the last 2.5. All true? Any recommendations?

We know we'd like to take a 3 night trip in May, I just don't know when in May. I've seen a few calendars out there that indicate Sunday - Wednesday is less crowded than Wednesday - Saturday, and that the first 2.5 weeks of May are less crowded than the last 2.5. All true? Any recommendations?

That might be true, but if you are flying, beware that flying early on a Sunday is usually more expensive.

Either way, stick to the first couple weeks and you'll be fine.

The earlier in May the better, both crowd and weather-wise. It seems to get hotter by the day at that time of year.

As PP said. Earlier in May is better. Try to avoid Star Wars weekend. It draws BIG crowds. Very true in DHS but they carry over to other parks as well. Also Memorial Day is busy as well.

wallawallakids said:
As PP said. Earlier in May is better. Try to avoid Star Wars weekend. It draws BIG crowds. Very true in DHS but they carry over to other parks as well. Also Memorial Day is busy as well.

Interesting that touringplans shows the crowds 4-6 from the end of May into first of June when Star Wars Weekend is.

Interesting that touringplans shows the crowds 4-6 from the end of May into first of June when Star Wars Weekend is.

Hmm... That's curious cause EasyWDW has the crowds the week of May 27-31 as 7-8. We're going down that week so I think I've checked those crowd calendars enough to have them permanently emblazoned on my brain.

end of may so you can attended star wars weekend.. while DHS will be slammed its still great to take part and see it take over a different look on the weekends... and the other parks werent really busy during it as well (last year anyway)

We're going at the beginning of May to avoid the SWW crowds, each of our days is a 5 on the crowd calendars and I think it'll just just fine.

Go in the first two weeks of May, after that, you run into Star Wars weekend crowds, and it just continues to get busier from there on in.

Weather and crowds are pretty great in the first week, nice, but not absolutely scorching, and there is the Flower and Garden Festival over in Epcot too!

Thank you, everyone! I think we will stick to some time in the first two weeks of May. This has been very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter