Best Time to go? Feb, April or May 2013

Kallie724

Mouseketeer
Ahhhh!! We've always been to Disney the beginning of June and my parents have planned the trip. Now it's my turn for my family to plan our own trip My husband and I want to take our 4 year old daughter to Disney. This will be her second trip, but my husband's first trip since he was 6. I know the best time to go is in Sept./Oct. barring no hurricanes but that's just not possible. Doing it this Sept/Oct would be too soon to try to save and next Sept/Oct. she will be in school. So our only options are pretty much the first half of 2013. When we went in June of 2011 we had the free dining plan and it worked out great but June is always hot and crowded. So I'm looking for a time that won't be too hot or crowded but that could possibly have a free dining plan. I know I'm wanting what everyone wants right But anyway what do you think would be the best time to go and all of this to work? Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll be on here a lot because I really want to go but my husband thinks it'll be too expensive. I want to show him that we can go to Disney on a budget. I don't know if I posted this in the correct board.

Since Easter is early next year (March 31st), I would choose April. I think the weather is perfect then and the crowds shouldn't be bad.

I went in late April/early May and LOVED it! The weather was gorgeous and the crowds were low! The flower and garden festival was going on and it was so beautiful!!!!

Good luck with your decision!!!

We went in late April this year and the weather was PERFECT! Crowds weren't bad at all, we had a wonderful time!

I feel your pain! My DD is 5 and starting K this fall. We love going around Christmas time - and I this is really the last year that we can take her out of school during a non-break week without it causing a problem.

In the past I've been during April and it's been hot - just be careful about school vacation weeks if you want to avoid a crowd, same thing for February - your weather may be cooler but there is also school vacation that month crowd wise. A friend of mine goes that time of year(Feb) every year and swears by the weather and ease of getting on rides etc (she just doesnt go during vacation week, but her little guy is only 3). My sister in law just came back from Disney a few weeks ago. There were there for the last week of May and she said it rained quite a bit, almost everyday. Personally I'd probably do Feb since I really don't like the heat. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the advice! We live in Louisiana so heat isn't a big deal because we are used to it but I just don't want it to be sweltering :) In Feb. a lot of families from Louisiana go during Mardi Gras break and it has been known to be crowded during that time. I'm going to have to look at the different breaks and see what I can figure up. I'm thinking February would be more apt to have free dining and we had that last time and it was great because without the dining we just can't afford to do all the character meals that my daughter would want.

We went the first week of May this year and LOVED it. The weather was much better than Sept (super hot and humid) and the crowds were not ANY worse than our experiences in late Sept or early Oct.

My vote is late April or the first two weeks of May.

Keeping in mind that the top things I look for in WDW vacation would be:
Not Hot and Not Crowded, we went in early February a few years back and it really fit those requirements.

We spent a good deal of time each day wearing our dollar store ponchos and walking around in a cool drizzle but it was like being at Disney when they were closed as far as crowds go. We did not rush around, didn't spend long time in any lines, and still saw everything we wanted to see, including riding favorite rides several times. I believe FD came out during our dates but our TA was too slow and we missed it. The very last day the temp was sunny and 80 degrees so we even got to swim.

If was really hoping to go early December this year (top pick based on my no heat, no crowds criteria) but our friends can't go then. Really wanted to see those Christmas decorations! Instead we need to go during Jersey week (early Nov.) to be with them. I think the weather will be great but I'm concerned about crowds in early Nov. (during F&W festival) vs. early Feb., which is all I have to compare it to.

Whatever you decide, have a terrific time! Your husband may be like mine~he is never on-board during the planning stages (and the paying money stages) but once we are on a vacation he relaxes and has a blast. (And eventually thanks me for 'forcing' him to go. Ha.)

Late April or early May is our favorite time to go. But make sure it's after Easter - which I hear can be quite busy. By this time, most Spring Breaks will be over too.

We're out Mardi Gras week and being a teacher, it's one of the times I can go to Disney. My other option is late April during our spring break week. I've done both and when Mardi Gras is later, the crowds are worse. I guess more people are out then for spring break. When Mardi Gras is earlier, like it will be this February, I find the crowds to be lighter. Both are great times to go. I think I prefer April though because I love the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot! Hope this helps some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter