• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to do breakfast at Chef Mickey's?

FuninMK

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disney at the end of Oct. There are a total of 6 adults and one preschooler. Should I make reservations at Chef Mickey's before MK opens or later in the morning? We are staying at the Pop Century and I want to make sure the bus will get us there in time for our reservations. Also we only have one day scheduled for MK. Any advice would be greatful.

We do Chef Mickey ever trip. Its our kids favorite. We do the earliest breakfast we can get and then hope on the monolrail and go to the MK. Our last two times our ADR were 7:20 and 7:40. It works well for us.
:thumbsup2

We will be going to Disney at the end of Oct. There are a total of 6 adults and one preschooler. Should I make reservations at Chef Mickey's before MK opens or later in the morning? We are staying at the Pop Century and I want to make sure the bus will get us there in time for our reservations. Also we only have one day scheduled for MK. Any advice would be greatful.

If I'm on vacation I am not looking to rise and shine at 6am to have bfast with Mickey. In a group of 6 adults at least one will think like me. So I'd suggest an 11am or so ADR. That way the early risers can go to MK and "get stuff done" then take a break for breakfast, the late risers have lots of time to get it together and meet (tell them the ADR is actually 15 mins before the real time). No nagging, bickering or sideways glances or eyerolls because someone is late. Everyone will get the right amount of MK time and there will be no grumbling at Mickey's place. You'll be hungry, rested and ready to go.

We go as late as possible (last breakfast ressie is 11:30) so we can do a few rides at MK first thing and then scoot out. If you're going to do midday breaks, it works perfectly because you eat a big breakfast and then take a nap.

if you don't have a problem getting up early go first. I did not want to travel to the park then leave to go to resort(even though it is close by) If i planned on eating later in the morning, i chose a park for ADR. If i want to go out of park, i prefer to go there first. But also depends if you have a big appetite first thing in the morning. Either way you will be getting up early, wheather you do BF or the MK first.

Since you only have one day scheduled for MK, I would go early to allow yourself time to eat and get to the park at opening. If you had more time at MK in your plans, I would recommend a slightly later start - but that's mostly because I'm not a morning person and the thought of waking up to run to a bus at 6 or 7am is not appealing to me! :scared:

Rest assured that you'll have a blast whichever you decide. Enjoy!!

We always opt for the early times....the character interaction and food is always great at the start of things.

We did it as a late breakfast/early lunch after a few hours in MK on a EMH day (Thursday?).

It was really nice and the food still plentiful and fresh.

x

Here is another thought....what time zone are you in? If I made a ressie for 7:20AM it would be 4:20AM at home and my bodies time clock does not change just because we got on a plane! :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter