Best time to come to Disney World

millenma

Earning My Ears
When is the Best time to come to Disney World and stay at the campground we just came back from two week trip to Orlando, Fl during Xmas and it was busy. We are think about going back in second week of June is this a good time?

Man the summer months are prime time....if you want the slowest crowd times come in Jan and or September. :)

I think summers are always pretty busy. My concern about camping in June is the heat and humidity. It's definitely a matter of to each his own. If crowds are an issue for you though you may want to try early November, early December, January- early Feb. From what I understand, these are the least busy times. PLUS the weather is much milder. :thumbsup2

If you are camping in a tent or pop-up, Feb-May is nice weather wise as is Oct-December. Crowds are the highest during spring break (mid-Feb to end of April) and summer months.

If you are getting a cabin, then the A/C is always available! :goodvibes

Summer is frequent showers, killer humidity, harsh sun, and big crowds.

If you can travel at all during the off-seasons I would recommend it.

But any day at the Fort beats a day anywhere else!:cheer2:

Bama ED

It is an established and objective fact that the first two weeks of December are the BEST times to enjoy the Fort and WDW. Everything else is just opinion based personal preference.

;)

I have to cast my vote for early December. We've been going the first or second week in Dec. (whatever week is not Pop Warner week) for the past 4 years now? This past December was the first time at The Fort and we LOVED IT! The campground is amazing around Christmas.

We generally like anytime from late Sept - April excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, President's Day, and Spring Break. The weather is pretty good and the crowds are low.

Hottest summer I've ever experienced was early October at Animal Kingdom! LOL

Hottest summer I've ever experienced was early October at Animal Kingdom! LOL

One of the coldest days we ever had was in April. OMG! It was horrid that night at Fantasmic. We brought a bunch of blankets into MGM that we had in the car and passed them out to those around us. There were two girls near us whose poor little legs were almost blue-I felt so bad for them. All the stores in MGM had sold out of anything to cover up with-even beach towels and baby blankets. Of course the were selling hot chocolate for major $$$$ :rolleyes:

Early October is also one of our favorites and the crowds aren't that bad.

It is an established and objective fact that the first two weeks of December are the BEST times to enjoy the Fort and WDW. Everything else is just opinion based personal preference.

;)

I agree. We've been there several years in a row. Except for the cold last year it's always been beautiful.

When is the Best time to come to Disney World and stay at the campground we just came back from two week trip to Orlando, Fl during Xmas and it was busy. We are think about going back in second week of June is this a good time?

We've done the June to Aug (8 or 9 times), Dec/Jan (six or seven times), and now the Oct to Dec (once) ... check my sig for actual times. The June to Aug is our least favorite with the Dec/Jan in the lead just from the festive holiday season, but it is crowded from around 22 Dec till 2 Jan. We were locked into the Summer dates when I was still working and the sons were in school, but now that's no longer a limitation/constraint.

Larry

Jan 1 thru Dec 31... whenever you can get there! :goodvibes

My slightly more specific answer... Whenever the kids are in school (if you're looking to avoid crowds) and the weather in central Florida is better than where you live (only rules out May thru September for us Buffalonians).

I know this isn't all that helpful, but it's the truth...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter