• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to book rental car?

Pollito916

DIS Veteran
We're pretty far out from our December WDW trip, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the the time to get the best deals on rental cars.

IMO, start checkig now and book when you find a decent rate. You can even book the lowest you find now and then keep checking... As you get closer, you'll see the prices go up and down. Grab a new ressie when the price is down and cancel your original. I'm going April 26th. So far, my best rate (with Alamo) was reserved in November. Right now, the rates are quite a bit more. I'll keep watching and as we get closer, I hope to find some great deals.

At any rate, it doesn't hurt to create a reservation as soon as you find something you consider OK -- just keep watching for something great to come along!

HTH!

I agree with Joellyn23. I would book now & then keep checking rates. You can cancel any existing ressie if you get a better.

I recently saved almost $500 between 2 Orlando ressies with Dollar just because I had free time one day & did another rental car check!!!!!!! :cool1:

We always rent from an on-site vendor just because it's less hassle. Our best deals have always been through Dollar. Sometimes Budget has good deals also.

Good luck.

We actually found the best rate through travelocity so far. I've used BNM and carrentals.com. If you have, or a friend or neighbor has, an entertainment book they have some good coupon's on car rentals.

Here's my experience with our car rental for our DLR trip July 2007:

I checked all the major car rental places online in December 2006, and found Dollar to be the cheapest. I rented a minivan. I kept on checking about once a month at first, then more often the closer to our trip. The prices kept on creeping up and up. By 2 weeks before our trip, all of the car rental companies were charging twice as much.

I'm guessing the summer is a busy time for car rentals in Southern California. But who knows? I would just rent now and keep on checking for something cheaper.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter