Best time/s for DAS virtual calls with shorter wait times?

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
With the understanding that this may change once the new rules are in effect and they’ve onboarded a bunch more CMs to answer the calls, right now are there any particular days of the week and/or times of day when wait times are typically shortest? I keep seeing people talk about 5-8 hour waits, which is just impossible for me. But I’ve seen others say they waited 10 minutes. I’ve only ever used the in-park Guest Relations outposts so I’m totally unfamiliar with the virtual calls.

I think the primary recommendation is to try to connect right at 7am.
How long a wait often depends on how busy is that time of year. While there isn't really a "low season" anymore, there are definitely times of slower crowds - particularly when school is in session for most of the US.
If you will be applying anytime between now and May 19th, I do think you should expect long waits. I've heard the chat lines are jammed because people are connecting just to ask questions (not within 30-days of a visit).

Sorry, none of that is much help except maybe the 7am Eastern.

@lanejudy that definitely helps, thank you! I’ll be in a park next week so I can handle it in person then - that’ll cover me for the next 30 days at least. Hopefully by the time I’ll need to renew via virtual call after that they’ll have a bigger staff and things will have calmed down some.

I have had good luck calling right one they open at 7 am EST wanted about 20 minutes on average of 3 times I tried
I've had good luck as well logging on right at 7 am est as well. My first time dong the virtual interview was maybe 30 min. Last fall was only 15 and I was done, including choosing preselects within 30 min. Interesting that the CM who did the interview last fall also did the preselects right then (I also didn't use the form). Prior to the DAS announcement this week, I was planning to just apply in person when I got there. The preselect times just didn't work last year for us.

I have had good luck calling in the afternoons on a Thursday or Friday. I call about 1 PM pst (so 4 PM in est) and have gotten through in 20-30 minutes each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter