Best time of year for WDW+Vero combined trip!?!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Please help! We would like to do a week at WDW and then a week at Vero.......we would like low crowds at WDW but nice weather at Vero where it would be warm enough to swim and sit by the pool! Which month would you all recommend?!!!

We are doing that very thing and chose the second and third week of May. The average temperatures are in the upper 80's and the rainy season hasn't quite begun that time of year. Hope the averages hold true for our trip! I've also heard that the crowds are quite a bit lower during May than the summer months. The early part of fall may not be too bad but you are taking a chance since that is hurricane season.

Before our kids became schoolagers and we did not have to work around school schedules, our favorite time to take that trip was in mid to late September. The parks are less crowded since all the kids should be in school by then. The weather is perfect and swimming is great. Also, in September the water in the ocean is warmer than in the spring. All in all, SEPT is great!!!

Spring and Fall are the ideal times for such a trip.

I second Eva, that May is a good time. We've done that very same thing several times now.

We love going in mid-October for both. Temps are great and few crowds. We run into a lot of Brits then too.

Debs Hill
What about Mother's Day. That's in May, so I agree with Eva. We did almost the same a couple of years ago, a few days at WDW and few others at VB to spend Mothers Days weekend at the beach. The crows at WDW were light (well before the rush of Memorial Day) and VB was already warmer (the water was a bit on the cool side). We live in South Florida and is the best time of the year weather wise (many open air events are held between Eastern and the week before Memorial Day: The Corporate Run, MS Walk, Cycling Events, Coconut Grove Arts Festival, etc). Around June, school is out and WDW gets crowder. If you go beyond June, you will have the mandatory summer afternoons showers usually with lighting strikes that require all outsides pool activies (and the pool itself) at Vero Beach cancelled and closed. In my opinion without the spools (and the beach) the VB is just another resort.

We have our next trip planned for April 8 thru 18- 6 nights at OKW, followed by 5 nights at Vero Beach. We usually do WDW during April, so I know the weather that time of year is perfect. Crowds are not at their lowest, however, even tho its after Easter break. I just can't wait the one more month until May tho!! Need something to look forward too (now that winter is finally approaching NY!!)
Happy planning, we absolutely LOVE Vero!!

We always do a Vero, Disney combination every year in October. We like the weather, warm enough for the pools yet not too hot for the parks.

I'd vote for May or September. If you're really interested in small crowds, you DON'T want to be there when school is out:) . Of course, be aware that September is still in hurricane season.

Good Luck,

Thank you all for your input, you guys are always so helpful!!! I note that in May it's the flower and garden festival at EPCOT, is this worth a look, does it cause large crowds? How easy is it to reserve Vero at the 7 mnth window in May?

I can't answer the question about the Flower and Garden Festival since this will be our first trip during May. But we just made reservations last week for both a Grand Villa at OKW for the second week of May and a 1-bedroom for Vero the third week of May with no problem at all.

We did a WDW/Vero combo in March. Good weather. I know, I know possibly bad crowds, but it is a great time for spring training baseball games. Vero had Dodgertown, WDW has Atlanta Braves and Tampa (about 1 hr. from WDW) has the Yankees! :pinkbounc

We ALWAYS try and schedule during the Flower & Garden Festival. If you like to garden, or even just like to look at gorgeous plants andflowers, that is the time to go.

I could go in May and never leave Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter