• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time of year for Eastern?

littlebitsmom

Mouseketeer
We booked a dummy cruise while on the Dream a few weeks ago (7 night Fantasy for 5/4/13). These dates works well for us, but just thought I'd ask if there were a more ideal time to do the Eastern itinerary. Our DS is 7, but we can take him out of school.

Thanks for any feedback!

We did the Eastern last November, and the weather was perfect:) In fact we are doing it again next Nov too, except next time it will be on the Fantasy, which will make it even better.

the Dream but when I arrived home, I found out my HS'er will have AP exams that week so we pushed it up to April 6th. We cruised on the 3/13 Dream and the weather was great. The water was a bit cold on CC but once you got in, it was fine. We are from NY so that might be a factor, lol. I'm thinking April will be even warmer but you never know!

Enjoy your cruise!

We went last week of Sept/ Oct. the weather was perfect. :) We have done 3 cruises in Sept.. great time of year. Yes it is hurricane season, but we didnt have a problem. We hit a hurricane in July 05, go figure.

We also went in Dec 2010. The water was okay for the kids... too cold for me. :rotfl:

I'm hoping first week of July is great there; 1st cruise ever! So excited!! :yay:

:wave2: We hope so too as we are on the same cruise!!

To the OP I have not been to the Eastern, but have been to the Western twice in Late Oct/Early Nov. What a wonderful time to cruise! Weather is perfect, water is perfect! I am sure that May would be awesome too, but if you can pull your son out, you may want to try the fall. We always seems to be there for Halloween and that is fun on the ship!

Good luck in planning!

I'm hoping first week of July is great there; 1st cruise ever! So excited!! :yay:

We just got back from our first cruise! And as you can see, booked our 2nd while onboard :) Have a great time!

the Dream but when I arrived home, I found out my HS'er will have AP exams that week so we pushed it up to April 6th. We cruised on the 3/13 Dream and the weather was great. The water was a bit cold on CC but once you got in, it was fine. We are from NY so that might be a factor, lol. I'm thinking April will be even warmer but you never know!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your reply! We were on the 4/5-4/10 Dream double dip and I agree that the water at CC was cold! It was fine once you got in, but definitely took awhile to get used to. Good luck to your DS/DD on those AP exams!

We went last week of Sept/ Oct. the weather was perfect. :) We have done 3 cruises in Sept.. great time of year. Yes it is hurricane season, but we didnt have a problem. We hit a hurricane in July 05, go figure.

We also went in Dec 2010. The water was okay for the kids... too cold for me. :rotfl:

Thank you for the info! I have been thinking fall might be a better time b/c the water at CC will be warmer. Not that it's a huge deal, but it would be an added bonus for it to not be freezing! I'm willing to take my chances with hurricane season... the lady that helped us with our OBB said that the ship still sails, but may have to alter the itinerary. And that would be totally fine with us as long as we're on a Disney cruise!

:wave2: We hope so too as we are on the same cruise!!

To the OP I have not been to the Eastern, but have been to the Western twice in Late Oct/Early Nov. What a wonderful time to cruise! Weather is perfect, water is perfect! I am sure that May would be awesome too, but if you can pull your son out, you may want to try the fall. We always seems to be there for Halloween and that is fun on the ship!

Good luck in planning!

Halloween!!! That's a great idea!!!!!!!! We cruised over Easter this year and all the extra touches were really cool! They had some huge chocolate carved Easter eggs, candy for the kids, 2 neat towel designs (the Virgin Mary and Easter Bunny), etc. If they did that for Easter, I can only imagine what Halloween would be like! I'm going to talk to my DH about switching to that cruise. The only downside is it's a Western and we really wanted to do an Eastern for our next cruise. But I can live it and just do the Eastern on cruise #3.

I did an Eastern cruise Nov 4-11 in 2007 and couldn't ask for better weather. We just booked a 7- day Eastern for Nov 2013 ( same week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter