Best time of day for Pirate League?

StaciaRae

Mouseketeer
What is the best time of day to schedule a Pirate League makeover? My dd5 will be getting the mermaid makeover and we'll be doing the Pirate and Pals fireworks cruise that night. Also, is the 4pm parade for kids who've done the makeovers something we should stick around for? I'm hoping to do these on our first full day at Disney (in January - 180 days in next week!!). I was hoping to do rope drop, then stay in the park until 4ish (after the 3pm parade), then head back to our resort (Wilderness Lodge) for a little down time until the 8pm firework cruise.

It probably depends on your child's tolerance for the make-up. If you think she would love having it on, I would get a morning appointment so she can wear it all day. If you think she might get tired of it and want to wash it off fairly quickly, then I would get an appointment about 2ish.

In April, we booked my DD5 the pirate makeover for 1pm and this was ideal - we had a lie in and spent the morning at the pool then had FP for ETWB at 2pm - she was picked to be the beast, watched the parade, did SDMT and Elsa & Anna M&G FP after the parade, went to GF for dinner and then to the contemporary for the fireworks voyage. DD5 was picked to be the flag carrier - not sure if it was because of the makeover or luck, but the day was AMAZING! Good luck with whichever way you choose to do it - this worked perfectly for us (who are normally RD people).

My DS his appointment was 12:00 he lasted all day with the make-up and he did not complain at all. This is one of my favorite picture.

image.jpg

We couldn't get a reservation for my nephew (4 at the time) so on a whim, I ran over just after rope drop to see if they had any openings, and they did, right at at that minute. So we had a scary Skeleton Face pirate ALL day. I didn't think he'd handle all the makeup very well (the skull pirate is a LOT of makeup) He loved it. It wasn't hot, so the makeup stayed in place with no issue. It was quite a challenge to get it off. (We found coconut oil worked best)

The 4pm parade is cheesy but my kids loved it, it was one of their favorite parts of the PL experience so I'd plan on staying for that. We try to get our appointments between 11-1 and do lunch before/after and a little touring then head over for the parade. We have been in full on summer heat and humidity and my kids faces have not melted any, it takes a lot of rubbing and fussing with it to start rubbing it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter