Best time for Christmas Visit?

aes74

visiting wdw since '74 (as a baby!)
We are coming from the US to stay in London and Paris and surrounding areas over our Christmas holidays. We will be in France from December 24th-January 4th. My kids would love to visit DLP and are begging often as we are Floridians and visit WDW regularly. I am cringing (and so is my wallet) as I know this is busy season. What would be the best day for us to go crowd-wise? We were thinking the 3rd of January to have it as far away from the holidays as possible, but someone had told me to consider January 1st as a lot of people will be sleeping in that day. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but on those dates Disney will be very busy. I will be there from the 23rd - 26th December and my research so far has lead me to believe that i am in for queuing times of around 2hrs.

This is a clip taken at 10am just after it opened of the fastpass queue at BTM on the 3rd Jan 2014. It was massive.

I went from the 2nd to the 6th I think it was and queue times were around 2 - 2.5 hrs...

Last edited:
I went last year on 28th Dec it was fairly busy but I don't think it was as bad as spring break was in Florida that was crazy busy. Yes queues will be long but not so bad that it's not worth going. We're going on 30th Dec this year so we're there over new year. I don't care how busy it is I need a Disney fix! :) I think it will all be busy because the schools are closed while you are here but most people will probably leave on 2nd to get back for work.

Thanks for your help! So it will still be bad even with fastpasses?

I went ten years ago and remember the crazy queue-jumpers!! There were no fast passes then so I was hoping that might make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter