Best ticket for 1 week stay

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi-going the end of August, no black out days for the annual pass, I'm thinking that's the ticket to purchase if you're staying a week? I see the only other option would be the 4 day pass, and was thinking for around $40 more to get an AP? Hopefully next year we could go within the year time frame and use the tickets again- I know years ago they sold 7 day passes, but it looks like 4 day is the max. now. Any opinions? thanks!! Finally bit the bullet and booked a hospitality suite at RPR! We changed from 2 adjoining rooms at PBH, to RPR. Couldn't get that tropical theme out of our mind!!

Yes, I'd go with an Annual Pass. I'd actually pay a bit more and get the Preferred Pass (for at least one of your group) for discounts on food, drink, and merchandise.

Thanks, 2 quick questions-Is the Universal sight the only sight to sell the AP? Any of the discount sights like Undercover tourist? 2nd question- we also have AAA which we've used for food and purchase discounts in Universal, do you still think its worth to get the Preferred Pass?

Not sure on the price difference, but we're going for a week and purchased the 3 park unlimited ticket. It's good at IoA, US and Wet and Wild for 14 days. It was only about $25 more than the four day ticket for us.

1. We bought tickets from UT and then exchanged them for APs.....all except mine, which I bought through Universal so that I'd have it when we checked into our hotel on AP rate.

2. First trip, I kept forgetting to use my AP for discounts but I paid with Amex, so was given discounts using that. I think I remember reading something about either Amex or AAA discounts having changed in 2015, so check to see that your AAA is still a good way to get discounts.

BTW, my local AAA was clueless about how the discount is working in the parks right now. I already bought 3 park tix at UT, so I figure I'll just play clueless and see if the AAA card works. If not, we'll use the AmEx to pay for as much as possible.

I know last year, with the stores, the more you spent the greater the discount with the AAA. I know Bubba Gumps did not take the AAA card, but some of the others did. I just try no matter where we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter