• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best thing to do in WDW without a park ticket

Go see Yee-haw Bob at the River Roost lounge at POR. Great show and it is free ! Also, the resorts have outdoor movies by the pools at night. Also, go to Fort Wilderness and do the Chip and Dale campfire. So fun. Chip and Dale are there to lead everyone in singing camp fire songs and then a movie. Again, this is free. Have fun !

Some of our favorite activities outside the parks:

Rent speedboats at Poly and cruise around 7 Seas Lagoon.
See the animals on the Savannahs at AKL.
Shop at DTD.
Watch "Wishes" from Poly beach (I heard rumors this might not be possible in the future?).
Lunch or dinner at resort restaurants or DTD.
Swimming in the resort pool (assumes you are staying at that resort).

I also enjoyed running the "trails" at Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans Riverside when we stayed there. Even if you're not a runner, it's a scenic walk and you don't have to be a resort guest to use their sidewalks. At least, last time I checked there was no thread vilifying "walking path hopping." :rotfl2:

I agree w/all the items listed...and would like to add the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare @ The Grand Floridian! We love Alice in Wonderland and the food was soooooooo delicious! They also have a dinner which has characters I love, but we have not done that (yet)
Also mini golf at Fantasia Gardens (by the Swan/Dolphin)

I like to visit the lodges -- Wilderness and Animal. The former's good for relaxing in front of the fire and people-watching, then for a walk to Fort Wilderness. The latter is good for animal-watching and then catching dinner.

I love walking the beach between Poly and GF, then hanging out in the GF lobby, too, but the walk part has probably been spoiled by DVC.

The Boardwalk is great fun on the right type of night. Sometimes it's dead.

Thank you so much for all these great ideas! I am reading them all to my DH and hopefully we can decide on what to do that day off! So many choices now! :goodvibes

Visit the horses in the barn at Ft. Wilderness
Get a massage
Rent a SeaRaycer and buzz around Bay Lake

We are hoping to put our kids in the Pirate Adventure Cruise and go grab a leisurely, kid-free breakfast at Kona. :cool1:

They provide helmets which are required.
Oh geez....I understand the safety issues, but I may have to pass! I can imagine my hair after 45 minutes with a helmet on! AACK!

I agree with the hotel hopping and DTD. We always build an extra day into our week to just kick back. Some of the hotels have tours, I think Boardwalk and another one do. We've actually asked at some of them if we could see a room and if there is a vacant one they will show you if they aren't busy. Some of the grounds are so peaceful and beautiful it's nice to just walk around and enjoy. I always try to book an afternoon tea at the GF, my mama and I used to have tea and cookies in the "formal" living room on Sundays and play grown up and it always brings those memories back to me. There is so much to see at DTD it can take an entire day and it's just a boat ride away from a number of the resorts so you can combine resort/DTD visiting in one day. I love checking out all the hotel gift shops and QS restaurants. Since my son is grown, I love going to the resort quiet pool and just relaxing for a few hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter