Best thing I ever saw another guest do

Loving this thread!

I also find that when it comes to disney transportation, chivalry isn't dead! One late night trip back to our hotel from DTD, several young men quickly gave us their seats as soon as my sisters and I got on board, then had a fun conversation making fun of their, "Ya'll" talk (us NY'ers :rotfl:) we were very appreciative.

It is the little things
As little,and simple as saying good morning with a smile as you pass someone in the hall can make them feel great and you too
Then it spreads and pretty soon the world is a better place

I always found most people to be so friendly when they are in Disney World. Saying hello, smiling, being helpful, etc. I think that's as much a part of the magic as the Cast Members. That's why when I talk about going to Disney I say I like going because "I'm under the Disney bubble."

I try to remember this when I'm home because like you said, maybe it will help the world become a better place. :goodvibes

I can't think of one best thing, but in general I have always felt a general friendliness among guests. When I wore a birthday pin last year, I knew CMs might wish me a Happy Birthday, but I was surprised at how many guests did too! I have also seen a few passing on of precious FP's. Letting guests step in front of them to get on a ride first, sending people in the right direction, etc.

I went to the World this past January with my sister as we were celebrating her 50th birthday! It was great - we were like teenagers again! I made sure she got a birthday pin when we checked in. I then bought her an autograph book and used an idea I got off these boards.

When someone wished her Happy Birthday she asked them to autograph her book with their name and where they were from. People loved it and were so excited! The Cast Members really loved it and so many of them said, "No one ever asks us for that!" Some even took pictures with her! There was a lot of magic and pixie dust going back and forth... and she has a nice souvenier too! pixiedust:

This happened while on a 10 person extended family trip at HS. It was the 1 year anniversary of 9-11 and the president had a message that they played when the first tower fell.

I took the older kids on R&R & ToT. My DW & MIL had the smaller kids at the county fair having some snacks. This inluded my 2yo son who's in a wheelchair and is developmently-delayed. They were handing out fries & ice cream and the kids were eating. My son started choking and before mom could clear his throat, a nurse from the next table had jumped up and slapped my son's back and disloged the hot dog. At first they were 'Hey don't hit my son!" Needless to say, when they realized what had happend the tears and thank-yous gushed. When we returned from the rides we saw the shocked faces and got the story.

Many guests are very nice to us and my son in his chair. Holding doors, or offering a hand when we're carrying drinks etc. When people stop to let us pass, I often let them go ahead saying "You go, he's on wheels"

I have many stories of cast members going above and beyond with my son but this is a thread about guests.

I also have to say, after more that 25 trips, I can't remember many horrible guests. There must have been some, but Disney memerories are so positive the bad is crowded out by the good :)

later
mauisam

I've had several occasions where someone has left over meals on their card, and they've offered to buy me breakfast or lunch.

What a great idea! I love this! So so fun!

I went to the World this past January with my sister as we were celebrating her 50th birthday! It was great - we were like teenagers again! I made sure she got a birthday pin when we checked in. I then bought her an autograph book and used an idea I got off these boards.

When someone wished her Happy Birthday she asked them to autograph her book with their name and where they were from. People loved it and were so excited! The Cast Members really loved it and so many of them said, "No one ever asks us for that!" Some even took pictures with her! There was a lot of magic and pixie dust going back and forth... and she has a nice souvenier too! pixiedust:

Not to give too much praise to my DH :rolleyes1 (but will anyways :goodvibes)....One of our must do restaurants is having dinner at CRT. Anyway, the swords and wands that they give out to the kids and big kids (meaning myself and DH), we don't like to carry back to the room with us and definitely don't want to take them on the plane home either (our kids know they don't have use for them when we get home). So after dinner, my DH would find families and ask the parents if their kids would like to have a sword or wand. The parents always are very grateful for my DH because most of the times it is to those families that have never eaten inside the castle or could not afford to eat there. To see the joy in the young kids faces when the parents hand them the sword or wands are just priceless and it always puts a huge smile on DH (and my) face.

That is very sweet of your husband to do, but how do you know that they people can not afford to eat in the castle? I have never eaten in the castle, that doesn't mean I can't afford it, it means I choose not to. Pretty condescending of you don't you think?

That is very sweet of your husband to do, but how do you know that they people can not afford to eat in the castle? I have never eaten in the castle, that doesn't mean I can't afford it, it means I choose not to. Pretty condescending of you don't you think?

Aw come on! The poster and her DH did something really nice for children who otherwise wouldn't have had the toys. And they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. No need to cast aspersions.

Aw come on! The poster and her DH did something really nice for children who otherwise wouldn't have had the toys. And they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. No need to cast aspersions.

And if you had read the entire thread, you would have seen this poster already apologized for making an assumption she didn't know was true or not.

ETA: Sorry, I was trying to quote the original quote... this post was meant for Purple Nightshade.

During Star Wars weekend, DS decided he'd like the characters to autograph his Boba Fett hat-we were already in line to see him and didn't have a marker or pen. The mom in front of us overheard and gave DS a Sharpie to keep. I asked if I could give her a few dollars, but she declined.
DD, baby DS, and I had to leave the MK earlier than DH and DS, so we were struggling with a stroller and diaper bag while I had the baby asleep on me in the carrier. A mom helped DD get the stroller on the bus, two men gave up their seats for us, and naother man said not to worry about the stroller. He held it for us and then got it off our stop at CSR.
The vast majority of people we encounter are nice and friendly. We love talking to others there! DD and DS like to notice people's special pins and wish them happy bday, anniversary, etc.

Two off the top of my head (I'm sure I'll be back when more come back to me):

-A sweet older gentleman offered his seat on the monorail to my two boys.

-My DS and I were frantically trying to get out of a Wishes crowd (we were trying to exit the park, but the show had started - bad planning on our part) and the place was at a standstill. I let a man get in front of me because he was pushing a stroller (I'd been in the same position the year before) and his wife grabbed me and DS and put us in between her and her husband so that he could get through the crowd and we could follow immediately after. I wish I could've thanked them more - even though I thanked them profusely, but that was such a wonderful thing to do (I was nearing my first ever panic attack before that happened, so the gesture was wonderful!).

Thank you to everyone who has shared such heart-warming stories! After reading all of the negative reports, I was starting to question why I keep going back to WDW year after year. After reading all of these nice stories, it was a nice reminder of the magic experienced. I cant wait to get back to the most magical and happiest place on earth! :dance3:

You are right I don't know and I probably should not of worded it that way either...sorry if I offended you :flower3:. I hit that Submit button too fast before I could edit my post. I had a feeling I was going to get into trouble by what I said :rotfl:.

Just in case you didn't know, you can edit your posts after posting them.

Not to give too much praise to my DH :rolleyes1 (but will anyways :goodvibes)....One of our must do restaurants is having dinner at CRT. Anyway, the swords and wands that they give out to the kids and big kids (meaning myself and DH), we don't like to carry back to the room with us and definitely don't want to take them on the plane home either (our kids know they don't have use for them when we get home). So after dinner, my DH would find families and ask the parents if their kids would like to have a sword or wand. The parents always are very grateful for my DH because most of the times it is to those families that have never eaten inside the castle or could not afford to eat there. To see the joy in the young kids faces when the parents hand them the sword or wands are just priceless and it always puts a huge smile on DH (and my) face.

Last year my DD was dressed up as a princess on one of our MK days and these 2 teenage girls were on a bench next to us and asked if we had any reservations for CRT when we said no they handed over their wand to my DD and said every princess needs to have a wand...it was so awesome and it my DD so happy as she was jumping and bouncing off saying see Mom I told you Im a real princess those 2 sweet girls know it...made her night!!

Last fall I was waiting in line for a second ride on Rockin Rollercoaster with DD9 and my two older kids. We struck up a conversation with a British family and their 8-year-old daughter. The girl was so sweet, reassuring my DD that the ride was fun and not too scary. She was very nice and my DD was very polite, not telling her that she had already ridden it once and was actually older than her (she is super-petite).

I don't think my DD12 or DS15 ever sat on a bus unless it was empty. They were very good about giving up their seats.

At Disneyland a couple summers ago, we gave our two extra FPs to a couple debating whether to brave the 90-minute line for Indiana Jones. They didn't really understand FPs but were happy to get in line with us for a 25-minute wait!

People have been really pleasant and cooperative every time we have been to a Disney park.

PHXscuba

I thought of another one...
I have twin cousins who turned 40 the year WDW was giving you a free day ticket on your birthday. (They're not identical, but they look like it!)
A friend had invited them to FL to stay for free at her condo.
They left their kids with their dhs, and scraped together the $$$ to fly down.
They decided to take WDW up on the free ticket, and went to MK that day.

Someone at the ticket window got them birthday pins.
They said they hadn't made it 5 feet inside the park before people started wishing them happy birthday.
It didn't stop. EVERYONE seemed to be wishing them happy birthday.
They said they cried the entire length of the park, and now understand why WDW means so much to me and others.

They would like to take their families, but unfortunately both of their dh's have recently lost their jobs. Some day! :wizard:

unfortunately mine is sort of bitter sweet but, I will tell it as Ive been making my way through this thread with my box of tissues ...

This past October I went to Disney with my DD and my (then BF) and her daughter .... my marriage was on the rocks big time & while going to Disney had been a yearly ritual for me and my DD == my husband had never bothered to leave our family owned business to go with us -- somehow he promised our 10 yr old DD that he would fly down for 2 days. He came to town on his short 1.5 hour flight & we wisked him off to MK .... he tolerated about 6 hours of MK before we were at eachothers throats and this included a big blow up from my then BF and long story short --- since we stayed off site he was demanding that i drive him back to the hotel... my daughter wanted to stay with her friend so I agreed to come back and get them.

I very very much remember he and I standing silently waiting for the ferry & the wishes fireworks had just started -- I was feeling so low, so hurt -- and thinking that we must be the ONLY people in the whole park who hated eachother at that moment & who in the world would come to Disney and have such a horrible time but him?? Out of the blue this disabled little girl who may have been 6 years old came over to me *** they were the only other family there *** but, out of the blue she gave me a hug on my leg and told me that I was beautiful and asked me why I looked sad. Of course I started crying as I was majorly trying to hold it back but I gracefully told her I was just sad to be leaving the magic kingdom. She gave me a chocolate hersheys kiss & told me it was a kiss from tinkerbell and not to be sad because she will always love me. :love:

All I know is that little girl was my angel sent to me at that moment & gave me the strength to remember to pull myself together for the good of my daughter who was happily waiting to see me when I did return. (got rid of the devil incarnate the next day on the airplane back to VA).

Last March we took my grandson with us to celebrate my birthday and since his was 10 later we celebrated his as well. We were in Animal Kingdom in the Boneyard and let him run free just keeping an eye on him. He had been going up the steps and sliding down the big slide to me. While I do walk I use a powerchair at Disney so definitely can't run. Well he goes up the stairs again and decides to go up the rope ladder and I can't stop him. He wasn't 2 yet. This guest and his son were behind my grandson and when he just couldn't get to the top (inches from it) the father helped climb back down and then the CM brought him down the stairs to me. They made for me little man was safe in spite of him being a little daredevil.

On our last trip June 1-9 it rained almost everyday & we saw lots of good deeds due to rain. Saw couples sharing umbrella tables with strangers at Starring Rolls. We came out with our food & a couple said you can share with us so your food doesn't get wet. When they left we offered to share table with another family wih 2 small girls & when we left I heard them ask another family would you like to share this table.
One original caring act passed along to other families trying to eat in a dry area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter