Best Thanksgiving Dinner for large group

rhonimouse

Mouseketeer
We will be celebrating Thanksgiving at WDW with a party of 10 (6 adults and 4 kids). What is the best dining options for Thanksgiving? I know many have said Liberty Tree Tavern (have been there years ago as a character meal) is the most authentic, but being in MK means uncle Bob could not enjoy a beer with dinner...other choices and suggestions?

We had even considered HDDR at Ft. Wilderness, but not sure since it is not a traditional turkey day feast- even though the show is fun!

Is Whispering Canyon a good choice?

want to research all the options and have it decided well before the reservation date ticks up....thanks all!

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving at WDW with a party of 10 (6 adults and 4 kids). What is the best dining options for Thanksgiving? I know many have said Liberty Tree Tavern (have been there years ago as a character meal) is the most authentic, but being in MK means uncle Bob could not enjoy a beer with dinner...other choices and suggestions?

We had even considered HDDR at Ft. Wilderness, but not sure since it is not a traditional turkey day feast- even though the show is fun!

Is Whispering Canyon a good choice?

want to research all the options and have it decided well before the reservation date ticks up....thanks all!

Whispering Canyon is a good choice also. I will be at DISNEY too on Thanksgiving, i need to make a reservation for 17! I need to call as soon as it is time for me to make reservations...i am hoping to get Liberty Tree!

It may sould odd, but the best Thanksgiving diner we had at Disney was at Fultons Crab House. It was delicious!!! Can order turkey with all the trimings or off the menu.

It may sould odd, but the best Thanksgiving diner we had at Disney was at Fultons Crab House. It was delicious!!! Can order turkey with all the trimings or off the menu.

You can get Thanksgiving dinner here? Oh i may have to check this one out, i have always wanted to eat here but never could convince my husband to eat there he is alergic to some seafood...maybe he will go for it for thanksgiving.
thanks!

We have 3 favorite T-giving choices (in no particular order):

If price is no object: California Grille in the Contemporary... the only downside is they didn't have pumpkin pie last year...I did miss my pumpkin pie! But the food is spectacular...and they offer non-turkey choices as well for people like my DS who prefer a non-traditional meal...

Really, really good traditional meal--still an expense, but not the "price is no object" cost of Cali Grille: Garden Grill at The Land at Epcot...this could be an issue for a party your size, tho...I'm not remembering any space that could accommodate 10 people...but I've never been w/10 people, so maybe there is a space...worth calling to ask

Budget-and-space perfect--casual but quite good food, and very traditional: Artist Pointe at SSR...it's been $10/meal (I've had it 2 of the last 3 years)...all the traditional foods (turkey, stuffing, white & sweet potato, rolls, green beans, cranberry, pumpkin pie)...it's counter service and the dining areas at SSR are great...bright and not at all "cafeteria like"...easels w/crayons for the kids...fun outside seating, too...you can easily find a spot that will seat all of you...it hasn't been crowded any of the times I've been there (I guess people don't think of a CS place for T-giving dinner!)

One year I had Cali Grille T-giving dinner mid-day, and late night T-giving dinner at Artists Pointe at SSR...perfection!

Good luck w/your choices

We've had three Thanksgiving day dinners in the World with large groups. Usually between 15 and 28. Do realize most restaurants offer a Thanksgiving meal option on T-day or a T-day buffet. They have all been good. Now we do not do MK on T-day and choose to always have a resort restaurant as we have a large group who seems to be doing different things and just easier to meet up at a resort.

At YC, we ate at the Captain's Grille a few years ago (but it has a new name now). Anyway they were able to seat our whole group of 22 at one table which was fab!! They had this divine pumpkin soup that everyone loved!! They had a buffet of traditional T-day foods plus some of their regular specialities.

We've also eaten at BC's Cape May Cafe. They were not able to put us at one table so we were all in the same section, but at several tables. They had traditional T-day buffet along with their signature seafood dishes. It was good for our group whom some of were looking forward to the seafood and others looking forward to the traditional T-day fixings.

At Spoodles on the Boardwalk they were able to seat our large group at one very long table. For that night you could order a traditional T-day meal or something from their regular menu. Again it was great for everyone's tastes. :)

It would have to be Liberty Tree.........thats what they do everyday!

We did the bc cape may for thanksgiving. This worked great for us because after dinner we walked around the lake and hung out on the bw. We did not bother with the park on Thanksgiving.

Thanks everyone- it sounds like a lot of great choices. I am getting our travel party together for a planning session to nail down dining plans and will give them some of the suggestions! With today being March 1st, only 8 months and a few weeks til vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter