• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Thanksgiving Day Dinner going this year

BBG-BLT

Bunch of Booth-Genthe's
We usually go in Sept/Oct but are going over TG. I'm scared of the crowds and want to at least have a nice TG dinner. What's your favorite? Where would you stay away from?

Also - is there a parade?

Hello there! I totally understand your fears and yes it is crowded though not as bad as you would think. I went last Thanksgiving,my first holiday in Disney. I went with my Mom who hadn't been to WDW in about 7 years or so and is a picky eater. TG dinner was in Epcot at Chefs de France.

Pictures from our meal
Mom's
Bisque de homard - Lobster bisque
ajne4p.jpg

Delicious soup she wanted more.

Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with black pepper sauce, original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans.
1puuys.jpg

As she told me the beef was very tender and the sauce was not spicy or too rich, green beans were slightly overdone for her liking but overall she loved it

Mine- I had 'The French Menu" but forgot the picture of the Creme brulee-
Vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine

Soupe a l'oignon gratinee - The classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese
zursxy.jpg

Filet de Saumon, ratatouille sauce Choron - Broiled salmon, tomato Bearnaise,ratatouille made with onions, zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers
ancu9z.jpg

This was amazing. So moist and the fish had a nice crust on top from being broiled. Wonderful flavor.

We plan to return this year and eat here again. It is now one of our must do's in WDW.

Thanks - I have 4 kids do you think its the kind of place to bring them? I've always avoided it bc it seemed upscale and well - I have 4 kids on the younger side...

All the Disney restaurants except for a few at EC will offer the traditional Thanks. dinner as the special. There will be crowds but take it in stride and dont expect to do everything
Here are few places we have enjoyed for the holiday:
Brown Derby, Boatwrights, GF Cafe, Trails End, WC

We've had TG dinner at Whispering Canyon and Liberty Tree Tavern-- both very traditional and good meals! It's a busy time but nothing like Xmas or NYE Days!
WCC T Day Dinner
disneytrip1209019.jpg

We've gone quite a few times during our Canadian Thanksgiving and have always gone to Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is great, has a Thanksgiving feel, and has characters walking around for the kiddo's. Wouldn't dream of doing it any other way.

If you want traditional TG meal try the Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. Their turkey dinner is to die for, I get it every time we go!!:thumbsup2

This past Thanksgiving we went to 'Ohana's but as a PP stated they had more of a traditional dinner than their usual menu.
The year before we went to Fulton's who had the traditional dinner as an option to their menu so it really depends on what you are in the mood for.

Another vote for LTT for several reasons, the atmosphere and meal will have the thanksgiving feel, you will be comfortable eating there with your children, dinner is served family style (think big bowls of food that everyone at the table shares) so much easier than a buffet, and it is in Magic Kingdom! If LTT is full you might want to try the Crystal Palace which will have a good buffet.

going over thanksgiving break too and hoping to eat at WCC. We have 4 young children too (will be 11, 11, 8, and 4) at time of travel.

I have read to avoid buffets just to busy. I felt out of parks would be a good bet too. We are using TG as our resort rest day.

I looked at menus and pictures I could find and asked the kids what they wanted or sounded good.

good luck and looks like we are both staying at BLT :goodvibes

Advice: stay out of the MK on Thanksgiving Day. 9 out of every 10 posters will tell you to go to LTT on Thanksgiving. It's insanely busy and who wants to do that:confused3. Unless you can get a ADR during the first 1/2 hour of seating make another choice.
Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club resort is wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter