Best Teeth Whitener

Tinkermommy

<font color=deeppink>Not too exciting but we all c
Need some advice on teeth whitening. As my Mother's day gift from DH, I am asking for teeth whitening. I want a really effective, longer-term solution than just Crest Whitestrips.

I've been looking at Bright Smile and my dentist does Zoom. I've also heard about Celebrity Sexy Teethwhitener, but not sure how it works or how long it lasts.

Anyone have experience with this or another good system? Does it make your teeth senstive?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Husband did the Zoom. He said it hurt more than his vasectomy! And he knows what a baby I am with tooth pain and said I would never survive. I've heard Bright Smile is less painful. I just use the Crest strips and are quite happy with the results. FWIW.

Husband did the Zoom. He said it hurt more than his vasectomy! And he knows what a baby I am with tooth pain and said I would never survive. I've heard Bright Smile is less painful. I just use the Crest strips and are quite happy with the results. FWIW.

I've been considering having my teeth whitened, also, and my dentist does Zoom whitening. This may be a stupid question, but what about it hurt your husband? Was it the process itself, or the sensitivity afterwards?

People have said they get severe tooth pain during and after the procedure. I think they called them 'zings'? You can search on the internet and there's tons of posts on the tooth pain. They described it as sharp, shooting pain through your tooth up into your head. Some people had it so bad they missed days of work.

I did LOTS of research before I got my teeth whitened. I have a discolored front tooth (softball hit me in the mouth), and everyone said it would never whiten and I'd need a veneer or a cap. So I wanted to whiten my teeth before I got it done, so all my teeth would match the 'fix' on my tooth.

In my search I learned that Zoom whitening does the same thing the bleaching trays you get from the dentist. The only difference is Zoom is done in 1 day, and trays can take a few weeks to a month (for a few shades lighter - probably more for smokers). After Zoom they send you home with a touch-up kit, too, which is the same thing as the regular bleaching trays you do for weeks. Oh, and the price is MUCH less. Well, after I learned about the tooth pain (there were a lot of complaints I found), and that I'd get the same results, I figured I could wait a few weeks to get the same color for half the price.

I tried Crest and all the other OTC ones in the past, but they all wasted my money. If they did whiten it was just a little, but it never lasted. I finally went to the dentist and got my trays. I use Day White by ACP, which is 20 minutes once or twice a day. I did it for a month, and my teeth practically glow in the dark (well, not quite that bad!), but they are very white. And I got a bonus - it lightened my dead tooth to the point I don't need the cap/veneer after all! I still have whitening gel left over - probably enough for another 2 months. I can use that later for a 'freshening up' every 9 months or so.

I am SO GLAD I bit the money bullet and went to the dentist to get the whitening trays. They are very much worth the money. I would say that anyone who is serious about whitening should do it.

I use crest white strips and have been happy with them. I spoke with my dental hygenist about having their whitening procedure done, and she did not recommend it. She said that my teeth were already pretty white and the crest strips work great.

I am not sure what method my dentist uses.

im a dental assit. and have done zoom on many people and also myself (twice a year) it hurts!!! you start getting these sharp shocking pains in your teeth also sometimes your gums can burn if the assit doesnt but the dam (blue stuff that hardens) on really good. i also bleach all the time w/ my bleaching trays its a bad habit of mine:rotfl: before i was a dental assit i used the crest white strips and they worked:thumbsup2 you have to do them everyday for 2 weeks!!! its best if you just bleach your upper teeth at first so you can notice the difference in your upper compared to your bottom. then after your finished w/ the upper bleach the bottom!!

We did the GOSMILE system for my sister for prom. They came from Ulta, but I googled it and the club they sell on the web is a fantastic deal. Look into that maybe. The difference in just a few days was AMAZING

I use White & Brite (22% ) from my dentist. I have used it for years and it is great. I think I paid $250-300 for the mold but the gel is only $18 for two syringes which last a while. I love it and get so many complements on how white my teeth are. (I drink coke everyday too)

i also went to the dentist and did the day white. i was very pleased. the first time i did it was 8 yrs ago and i was in customer service and people were always complimenting me on my smile. it lasted a long time i think that it lasted around a year or two we leave the trays on for an hour every day and it takes two weeks to notice a difference. i finally bought more gel for my trays. my sister does this brand also and has been very pleased with it.

I went to my dentist and also got the trays, i think mine is NiteWhite. i sleep w/the trays - did it for about a week, then i had to get a new cap to match so that was not till a few months later so i did the trays 1x a month until i got my new cap. I figured i'd touch up perhaps 1 night a month - BUT i have not done it in the last 2 months and i've been getting lots of compliments. Think it cost about 400 but i have enough gel left probably for a year!

good luck.

lisa

I did the Zoom a few years back and I don't remember it hurting at all. I was not overly impressed with the results. I guess I was expecting movie star white from the 1 treatment. 1 good thing about the Zoom is they sent me home with custom trays so now I can purchase different products to use in them. I might try the Day White someone mentioned above. Sounds pretty good.

I work at a place called Face & Body and we do a procedure called Bleach Bright. I do not know if you have one in your area but they gaurantee 2 shades. :hippie:

I am a dental hygienist. Our office has been using Nite Wite with good results. We also recommend Crest Whitestrips but only for patients who have pretty straight teeth. They do not work as well if your teeth are overlapped. Whatever whitener you choose just know there is maintenance involved. I tell patients to at least apply the whitener a couple days after their cleanings or prior to a special occasion just to maintain the shade.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter