Best Table Service?

We took our then-3yo to Cali Grill and she did great. We went early and she really enjoyed the views. There were other kids there, too. You know your kids and how they would react - I wouldn't NOT go just because there's no character dining. She also loved Marrakesh with the belly dancing when she was 2 - there is a dance floor and the kids of all ages get up and dance. Tusker House, Boma and Sanaa are also favorites of ours.

We're trying Akershus this coming trip, but Cinderella's Royal Table was pretty great. She still plays with her magic wand. I think we all liked CRT more than BOG.

How early in advance would your recommend making reservations. We're going in July...

Well...

I always make my reservations 180+10, or that is, as soon as I possibly can! A lot of the popular spots really do book up 6 months in advance, Be Our Guest is usually almost completely booked by the time it's available to off-site guests at 180 days out.

I would start making reservations ASAP. At this point you may have to really stalk the Disney website to find an opening for some of the more difficult to get restaurants, but don't give up if you can't find any at first! There are always cancellations and such so even as soon as a month or a week out from your vacation you may find something!

How early in advance would your recommend making reservations. We're going in July...

Ideally 180 days in advance. A lot of the popular restaurants will already be booked for July. You should go check out what's still available and grab it right now! Given that you have two young girls, I think either Akershus (if you're budget minded, it's a less expensive princess meal than Cinderella's Royal Table), Tusker House (Mickey and the gang), and the Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends) will be your best bets. Honestly, CRT is probably already booked by now, and Akershus is probably not too far behind. Lunch and dinner at CP and TH are probably still available.

Crystal Palace is a buffet in MK that has Pooh and friends. The food is fine; location is great; but having access to the characters for those girls would be wonderful and provide great pictures.

For the age of your girls, I would definitely pick a character meal. If you are looking for something on a budget, breakfast is a good option. If you book a later morning reservation, you still might be able to find some availability. CRT, while more expensive, would be a great option. You probably won't get a breakfast at this point, but lunch might still be available.

If you're going before the 18th of July, and you are interested in a pre-rope drop (before the park opens) Crystal Palace breakfast, now is the time to try and snag one as people are cancelling in order to book one of the newly released Be Our Guest breakfast dates.

Be Our Guest breakfast is a fairly new meal and is slowly being rolled out.

Cinderella royal table for breakfast before park opening is a good choice. You can get in before the crowds and get incredible pictures of Main Street and the castle with hardly anyone there and then enjoy character breakfast in the castle. If you can't get this ressie how about crystal palace breakfast before park opening. Try to get as close to 8:00 as possible on a day that MK opens at 9. You need to do this 180 days out. Enjoy!!!

Princess Serendipity, they are both girls, Hope and Daisy, ages 5 and 3!

Sci-Fi has an awesome theme, but it could be scary for girls 3 and 5. Also, the food is far from decent if you're expecting anything beyond Friday's.
San Angel Inn has a unique theme and setting, but to kids that age, it might not be a theme that really is memorable for them besides just being dark. The food is excellent and for kids they have a few basic tacos, grilled chicken and a cheese quesadilla.
50's Prime Time has a very fun and interactive theme, with many guests being happy with the southern comfort food options. I think this would have a real 'Disney' feel to it for them.

Overall for the best meal AND atmosphere with kids that age, I'd say be Our Guest dinner. The buffets don't have the 'best' food, but the interaction there would be great for the kids, especially 1900 Park Fare. Cinderella's Royal Table would also be a solid option for two young girls and decent food, albeit the pricing for CRT isn't reflected in the food quality.

You mentioned going in July, being that Disney reservations open up 180 days out, you're likely going to struggle to find Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table. They do open and close as people cancel and book, so you'd still have a chance as long as you're checking in frequently.

For girls 5 and 3 I would absolutely do CRT, unless they aren't into princesses. My next choice would be 1900 Park Fare dinner, also with Cinderella, Prince, and funny step sisters. If not those, then BOG. I would definitely say it's late to book, as most do 180 days out, but you can definitely get one I would think, if you put in some time trying. I wouldn't give up right away.

Have an amazing time!

Booked a dinner at 1900 Park Fare! Thanks everyone for your great suggestions! Can't wait to see them meeting their favorite princess!!! Can they wear their princess dresses in the restaurant?

Booked a dinner at 1900 Park Fare! Thanks everyone for your great suggestions! Can't wait to see them meeting their favorite princess!!! Can they wear their princess dresses in the restaurant?

They absolutely can!

If you want to, you can also hang onto your 1900 PF reservation and keep an eye out for CRT. If you can't find a CRT spot, then you've got an awesome backup. If one opens up, you can book the CRT and drop the 1900 reservation as long as it's more than 24 hours before the 1900 res.

I hope you guys have a blast!

Great! Thanks! I'll keep my eye out to see if something at crt does open. That would be my 1st choice. Dining in the castle would be...just wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter