Best sunscreen for water parks

MagicDan

Welcome to Walt Disney World, where dreams come tr
What is the best kind of sunscreen to use at the water parks? I have very light skin, and I burn easily, so I don't want to have my sunscreen wash off when I go into the water. Help!

It was on the news a few weeks ago and they said there is no sunscreen that is waterproof and you need to use sunscreen that has uva and uvb and you need to put a tablespoon on every few hrs

I buy Peter Island sunscreen from Amway. I am the skin tone of a red head and I do not get burned at all with this stuff. It has uva/uvb sun protection. I go all day and apply it only twice with no burn. Good luck with this.

I just did some reasearch on this. We leave for WDW in 4 weeks so I wanted to get sunscreen for the tirp. I was able to find that Consumer Reports rated Coppertone Sport, 30 very high. Ive never used that paticular one but I am going to give it a try for my trip this year. I burn easy as well so I just apply often no matter what brand I'm using. Florida sun in the summer can be brutal!

I just did some reasearch on this. We leave for WDW in 4 weeks so I wanted to get sunscreen for the tirp. I was able to find that Consumer Reports rated Coppertone Sport, 30 very high. Ive never used that paticular one but I am going to give it a try for my trip this year. I burn easy as well so I just apply often no matter what brand I'm using. Florida sun in the summer can be brutal!

I use Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 30 RELIGIOUSLY for anything outdoors and it works great at the pool/lake/water park. The key is remembering to reapply it- I reapply every two hours if I'm just doing whatever, and every time I towel off after coming out of the water. It may seem like you spend a lot of time putting on sunscreen, but I'd rather do that then spend my vacation red and in pain. I have found it's not as effective at the ocean though, I think it has something to do with the sand and salt washing it off your body quicker. I usually get burned at the ocean :( If you're going swimming with the sharks at Typhoon Lagoon, I'd put it on again after getting out. Just in case :) Good luck!

Just returned a few weeks ago. We used Coppertone Sport something?? SPF 30 and fried. You definitely need something stronger. My 15 yo dd cried like a baby she hurt so much. And yes, we did reapply it.

I burn very easily. I always use SPF 50 and reapply every hour if I'm in the water. My favorite is the Target brand sport sunscreen SPF 50.

Personally we use copertone sport its the blue bottle... its waterproof and i think sweatproof. And i was told that anything of spf 30 wont make a difference you just have to keep applying it (i could be wrong though) and it will work just as well as the spf 50 or higher. But my bf is very light as well and he has never gotten a sunburn. Good luck :)

can anyone recommend any good organic sunscreen ..?? is there such a thing... I have a friend that has been bugging me to do all organic including makeup and such .. and am now shopping for sunscreen .. anythiing that is non chemical and any B&M store to buy it from .. not online.

thanks to all.

DD & I both use Coppertone Pure & Simple for Kids. We are very fair-skinned and never get a burn while using it.

can anyone recommend any good organic sunscreen ..?? is there such a thing... I have a friend that has been bugging me to do all organic including makeup and such .. and am now shopping for sunscreen .. anythiing that is non chemical and any B&M store to buy it from .. not online.

thanks to all.

California Baby is non-chemical and works well. In the US, you can buy it at Target in the baby section.

DD & I both use Coppertone Pure & Simple for Kids. We are very fair-skinned and never get a burn while using it.

California Baby is non-chemical and works well. In the US, you can buy it at Target in the baby section.

great thanks for this input , will get to target and check it out.

Our kids' pediatrician recommends Neutrogena brand sunscreen. It is supposed to be good for sensitive skin. And this year Neutrogena has a new kind called "wet skin kids". It is specifically meant to be used at the beach/pool because it gives 70+ SPF even when applied on wet skin. We just bought some and my kids have been using it for over a week. It seems to do a good job!

I should add that DD has ezcema and has used both of these with no issues.

We use Sun Shades Sport SPF45+. It protects from UVA and UVB rays, it sprays on, dries clear and resists water. It is similar to California Baby but is much less expensive.

Most people don't apply enough sunscreen or reapply often enough and that is how they end up getting sunburned.

You need your first application of a UVA/UVB sunscreen to be 30 minutes before you go out in the sun. You need to reapply AT LEAST every 90 minutes when you are in the water/are sweating/toweling off. Every two hours if you are just out in the sun. If you have fair skin/burn easily consider applying hourly. You need to apply two tablespoonfuls (equivalent to a shot glass) at each application. Don't forget to apply to your part (or if you're my husband- whole head:)).

I'm an NP a give this lecture ALL the time.

My family uses Target Sport Spray (which is the same as the previously mentioned Coppertone). It was ranked high by Consumer Reports. We had been using the Coppertone, but once I saw the Consumer Report rating I thought I'd give it a try. We actually like it better and it's less expensive. I use an oil-free sunscreen from Neutragena on my face.

So the bottom line is- apply a lot often.

Wow after 2yrs I hope the OP found the best sunscreen. Another thread that is 2 years old brought back to life. Its been happening a lot lately.

I use Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 30 RELIGIOUSLY for anything outdoors and it works great at the pool/lake/water park. The key is remembering to reapply it- I reapply every two hours if I'm just doing whatever, and every time I towel off after coming out of the water. It may seem like you spend a lot of time putting on sunscreen, but I'd rather do that then spend my vacation red and in pain. I have found it's not as effective at the ocean though, I think it has something to do with the sand and salt washing it off your body quicker. I usually get burned at the ocean :( If you're going swimming with the sharks at Typhoon Lagoon, I'd put it on again after getting out. Just in case :) Good luck!

Yep, Coppertone Sport Spray is the best sunscreen I've used for water parks. That stuff really stays in - I had to scrub and scrub with a soapy washcloth to get it off!

I just purchased Neutrogena Age Shield Face with UVA and UVA and it says it has an SPF of 110 (which I don't know is possible). I got this one again because I've used it twice before, once in Florida and once in Hawaii and it worked great for me. I always burn, especially my face. Not sure about the other sunscreen I will be getting for the rest of the body. I did see on TV once that it's recommened not to use those spray ones as your initial sunscreen. It's okay to reapply with it, but your first application should be a lotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter