Best Sunblock for 2 year old

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by WDWfeelslikehome, Apr 16, 2008.

1. WDWfeelslikehome

WDWfeelslikehome Mouseketeer

A new dad here, just brought our son home from Russia last month. :woohoo: He's light complected with blond hair, has somewhat sensitive skin, is very active, and being that the snow has finally melted here we are starting to do a lot more outdoor activities. I need to find a sunblock that works well for DS 2.5. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dis'ers! :grouphug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofygal531

goofygal531 Always planning...

Congrats!

I like Waterbabies Spray (pink can). You can easily spray it on while they're trying to run away! :rotfl2:

4. jjhardy

jjhardy Mouseketeer

My BIL is a dermatologist and says to get something high in Zinc. I found baby suntan stick at Babies-R-Us with Zinc in it. It's a pink glue stick like tube. A little goes a long way for my blonde fair skinned DD.

5. ChillyWilleys

ChillyWilleys <font color=blue>My mother is a finger licking cak

My DD is so pale she's practically transparent. I like to start the day out with a nice coat of water babies from the regular bottle to make sure I get every little spot of her, then I touch up through out the day with the spray can version. Its definitely quicker to use the spray can but I think you have more control with the bottle and can put on a thicker coat, so thats my routine.

6. goofygal531

goofygal531 Always planning...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=74612&catid=12101
    I think this is what your talking about.

It looks like zinc is only added when in stick form. None of the spray or lotions have zinc in them.

Good to know, just difficult to get on squirming child :rotfl2:

7. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

My ds had very bad excema as a baby to the point that the skin was off his face. The derm we went to said to use Neutrigena for sensitive skin.

But the one he liked wasn't waterproof. So I would use that on his face & waterproof neutrigena on his body.

Now that his face is closed & has been for a few years now (he is 4 1/2) I still buy neutrigena. I just bought some today too.

8. momtoBrandon&Jacob

momtoBrandon&Jacob DIS Veteran

I've always used water babies for my kids. By the way, I am Russian and would like to commend you for adopting a Russian child. :thumbsup2

9. Ariel8676

Ariel8676 DIS Veteran

I would look into Blue Lizard (they have sensitive & baby formula) Or California Baby..they are awesome and don't have all of the nasty chemicals in them like a lot of the more popular brands :)

10. 2poohbears

2poohbears DIS Veteran

We use Neutrogena as well. My boys both have sensitive skin, and this one seems to work well for us. I also like that it goes on more like a moisturizer than a lot of other sunblocks - so many of them seem really oily to me.

11. wlwilliams9

wlwilliams9 "It's green and evil...I call it greevil!!" -Dr. H

Aveeno Baby Sunscreen SPF 55. Great natural product, it's the only thing I'll use on our DD. Both Dermatologist and Pediatrician recommended it and I did some research myself. It's one of the top 3 baby sunscreens.

12. workinmomof2

workinmomof2 Mouseketeer

Neutrogena is great for children with sensitive skin. Also, get him in the habit of wearing a hat. It helps alot. My boys learned they could not go outside without their sunblock and hat. It is just second nature now before they go outside. Congratulations on being a new dad!!!

13. Ariel8676

Ariel8676 DIS Veteran

14. goldenears

goldenears DIS Veteran

Congratulations! My DD is two and also has VERY sensitive skin. The best sunblock I have found for her is made by Arbonne. It doesn't make her break out in a rash and works really well...super coverage!

15. ChillyWilleys

ChillyWilleys <font color=blue>My mother is a finger licking cak

Well now I'm depressed. Just about everything we use is killing us, and there aren't many options that are all that much better. Good site though.

16. bambam007

bambam007 Earning My Ears

mustasa (spelling poor)
    They have a great line and I believe one for babies faces with zinc. It is a little expensive. I bought that particular item at Norstroms in Coral Gables Miami. I've looked in the stores here and they have other Mustasa products, however not that one. I use it on the face for high sun exposure days, kite flying/beach.

17. bunnyscootles

bunnyscootles Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 - I like Cali Baby Lotions and stuff but prefer Blue Lizard for sunscreen - it just rubs in a little easier.

I've not tried the new stick kind though - anyone?

18. jjhardy

jjhardy Mouseketeer

That is it. I agree it's not the easiest to get on a squirming child but it's what the doctor ordered so I try to do like the previous user posted. I use this once then do touch ups through out the day. I put the stick on her before she gets dressed like a lotion so I know I get everything and if a shirt rides up during the day her tummy won't burn.

19. hlbrink

hlbrink Mouseketeer

We like Blue Lizard and it is zinc-based :thumbsup2

20. bunnyscootles

bunnyscootles Mouseketeer

21. jjhardy

jjhardy Mouseketeer

I have never seen the blue lizard before but I will be sure to look for it now and use that lotion and keep the stick in the diaper bag since it's not messy and there's no chance of a spill..