• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Suite Hotel Across the Street

ChloroformSdxn

Mouseketeer
We're going back to Disneyland in December, and I've booked the Camelot Inn. In the past we've stayed at HoJo, Ramada, and Paradise Pier.

There's a chance my brother might be tempted to come along with us so he can have some quality time with his nephews, in which case I'll be looking at suites so we can have some separation. I know there's a DoubleTree close by, but with my little guys, I really like being a close walk for things like naptime, being able to do a quick clothing change if needed, etc. What suite hotels would you recommend?

Coming from Canada, and the way our dollar is going, we're probably going for cheap, since the hotel on Disney trips is fairly inconsequential. TIA!

We have stayed at the Doubletree each time we have come to Disneyland. Once was will 4 children and the last one with 3. Children. I loved the Doubletree but it is not walking distance with a young child in fact it would be a big walk for adults.

As a parent of 4 kids, this is a topic I have researched quite a bit, lol! How many people exactly would be in the room? Do you want a true 2 room suite with a dividing door between the rooms? There are several new options for larger families now, due to all the new hotel construction. We stayed at the new Marriott Springhill Suites Convention Center at the corner of Harbor and Katella and it worked well for us. It has 2 beds and then a large sofa bed, but there's no door separating the 2 rooms. Nice and clean and decent (but crowded) free breakfast. It is walkable, but it took about 15 minutes and can be hard at the end of the day. There will also be a new Hyatt House on the opposite corner of Harbor/Katella opening in December. If you want very close across the street, I think one of your best bets is Best Western Park Place Inn. I haven't stayed there, but they have suites for 6 and usually competitive prices, along with free breakfast. Park Vue Inn and Desert inn and Suites also have suites and are very close. Hojo has the family suites with 2 separate rooms and 2 bathrooms. There is a king bed in one room and twin bunk beds and a pullout couch in the second room, but that would only hold 5 people, I believe. There is a new Courtyard Marriott and new Holiday Inn Express that are being built right next to the Hojo and they both have suite options for groups of 6. The Courtyard has a fun looking waterpark, but I don't know how cold it would be in December. I know there are a few other options as well. It all depends on what exactly you're looking for.

We had the same scenario a couple of years ago, and went with adjoining rooms at the Fairfield - having our own spaces (and an extra bathroom!) was great, but every morning my son was able to bound in and wake up his uncle. So maybe he didn't love it quite so much, but we did! :tongue:

We stayed at DoubleTree when DS was 6 and we made the walk to the park several times and would use ART for our return back, loved the hotel. There's a new Homewood Suites opening up in Sept, they are currently taking reservations for Nov and beyond. It's closer than the DoubleTree so that might be a good option.

This is our biggest dilemma. We are a family of 6 and want a little more space with two bathrooms. I was super excited about the new courtyard but I'm puzzled by the bathroom layout. In order to get to the shower & toilet room you have to go through the room with the sinks and bathtub/shower. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work and still have privacy.

We stayed at the Camelot in 05,3rd floor. It was a 2 room setup with a small dining area but only 1 bathroom. o-O

We stayed in the Camelot Inn a few weeks ago. We had a family suite. It sleeps 6 (7 if you count the pull out sofa). It was clean, reasonably priced, and the front desk and valet were friendly and helpful. The best part is how close to the park it is. The only drawback is there was only one bathroom. We will stay there again.

I haven't stayed there yet (will be in September) but the Desert Inn and Suites is right across the street. As far as I can tell from pictures, it's basically 2 regular rooms with a door or opening between them. 2 bathrooms are a must!

We also stayed at one of the Camelot suites last year. It was perfect for our family of four. DH and I took the room with the king. Our two teen boys each had their own queen bed in the other room. We could close the door between us since the boys like to watch TV late and I like to sleep! It was nice to have the small kitchen area with the fridge, microwave, table for four, and wet bar. There was a mirror over the sink and it served as a second area for getting ready in the morning. As others have said, the only drawback is that it has just one bathroom. It would be a perfect set-up if it had two bathrooms.

Several years ago, we stayed at a two-room suite at the Desert Inn and Suites. My sister came with us on that trip and it was perfect for five people. Having two bathrooms was very nice. I've noticed the prices of those suites hover around $300, so they're out of our price range now.

These are all helpful, thanks! Adjoining rooms might be best. When he came with us on vacation last Christmas, the suite had more than one bathroom, so that worked out well. I would rather avoid sharing a bathroom with my brother.

I didn't know Desert Inn had two bathrooms, I should check it out. With the dollar right now, the cost has essentially risen about 30% across the board. I would rather avoid paying that. Yikes!

Interesting - Expedia.ca shows them as fully sold out, but Desert Inn and Suites has availability on their own website.

Interesting - Expedia.ca shows them as fully sold out, but Desert Inn and Suites has availability on their own website.

I think that's because the hotels release a certain number of rooms to the third party booking sites and keep a supply to book through their own site. If you want a particular hotel, it's best to check multiple sites, including the hotel's for pricing and availability. I was able to get a place through Booking.com when the hotel's site was showing no availability.

I know sometimes they do that (Disneyland onsite hotels are a good example), but I just found it interesting. I know sometimes Expedia will "freeze out" hotels that won't do business with them, by putting up a listing and then showing them as sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter