Best Strategy for MSEP, Celebrate the Magic, and Wishes in One Night?

Below is a quickly done version of where I GUESSING the Parade FP+ area will be when they do move it to the Hub.

The yellow area shown is too close to the Castle to allow good, clear views of Wishes.

(That's an old photo of the Hub, so it does not include the new additions that have been made.)

** If MSEP FP+ was moved to the front of the castle again that would be wonderful. We were there last October and instead of moving to the FP+ area for Wishes we stayed put and I saw Celebrate the Magic for the first time! My new fav show at MK. **

We did feel it was a good spot for all 3 , even Wishes, although we did see a lot of smoke.

Probably stake out one spot early, which is what we used to do. More recently we've gotten into the habit of watching MSEP by Hall of Presidents, which makes it tough to get back and into a decent spot in the hub area in time for Celebrate The Magic and Wishes (although we've always still gotten decent spots then)

We are here now and had Fast Passes for both the parade and Wishes. We sat by the flag pole for the parade (and what an earlier poster said is true...they don't care what time your FP is for, just as long as you have one. So we watched the parade and then made our way up Main Street and even had time to stop at the candy store and Starbucks before getting to the FP area for Wishes. Now, all that being said, we are here with very minimal crowds. Have not needed FP for anything.....so I can imagine that during heavier crowds it wouldn't be as easy to make your way up Main Street.

We just did this twice on our trip:

1st night: we watched from the train station. The view of the parade was unique, but I wouldn't recommend for first time viewers.

2nd night: we got a spot for MESP right outside Tony's at 8:30. After the parade we followed, staying to the right side of the crowd, to the Wishes FP viewing area. There was still plenty of spaces to view the castle show and wishes. When we were walking down Main Street looking for a place to watch the parade, we settled for a spot in the second row due to the crowds. I left dd there while I went to pick up our package, while walking back, I noticed there was several spots in the town square area still open.

We always watch the parade in Frontierland on the elevated walkway near the pass through to Adventureland. As soon as the parade is over we cut through to Adventureland and then hustle our way back to Main Street passing directly in front of Crystal Palace. We then find a spot on Main Street to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. We do go in the fall so crowds are low. I don't think that would work on high crowd nights.

we have a FP for wishes at 10 pm. i was worried about making it to the wishes FP area in time for celebrate the magic at 9:45pm from watching MSEP at 9 pm from frontierland. now disney changed their hours and they are offering a second celebrate the magic at 10:35pm.
two questions....

1. do they kick you out of the wishes FP area after wishes is over or can you hang around after wishes and watch the second celebrate the magic show from there?
2. do you think we have enough time to watch MSEP 9 pm from frontierland and then make it over to wishes FP area in time for wishes at 10pm? wasn't sure what time MSEP passes thru frontierland b/c from what i understand frontierland is toward the end of the parade route.

and watching the second electric parade is probably not an option for us. we have small children. doing the 10:35 CTM is already pushing them.

thanks in advance!

We like having a good spot, so we get dinner and get a spot right across from the castle (we did this at our trip in 2011, 2012, 2013.... this isn't the FP spot now right???) and just plant ourselves for the parade, show and fireworks. I think we got there about 6:30. The kids have fun dancing with their glow stuff on in the street and we enjoy sitting after a long day. Anyone let me know if this is not doable anymore?

We like having a good spot, so we get dinner and get a spot right across from the castle (we did this at our trip in 2011, 2012, 2013.... this isn't the FP spot now right???) and just plant ourselves for the parade, show and fireworks. I think we got there about 6:30. The kids have fun dancing with their glow stuff on in the street and we enjoy sitting after a long day. Anyone let me know if this is not doable anymore?

That will be OK until Nov. (6-7 more weeks.)

Then, expect that spot (across the street from the castle) to become the parade FP reserved area again.

Last edited:
That will be OK until Nov. (2-3 more weeks.)

Then, expect that spot (across the street from the castle) to become the parade FP reserved area again.

We go in October! So we should be fine. Just checked and times are 9pm and 10pm. Last time we went it was 8.... So we should be totally fine getting there about 7 in "our" spot? ;)

I wouldn't put much stock in that just yet.
That whole operation was shaky.
Plenty of time for them to change their minds again.
Stay tuned.
Are you thinking it will be moved back to the Hub? We have FP+ for MSEP on November 16th and when I got it a little over a week ago it said "Plaza Viewing Area" went back in today and it now says "Town Square." I originally had Wishes FP+ but changed it precisely because we could stay in front of the castle after the parade for Wishes. And of course, now, there are no Wishes FP+ available. Grrr! :crazy2:

1. Are you thinking it will be moved back to the Hub? We have FP+ for MSEP on November 16th and when I got it a little over a week ago it said "Plaza Viewing Area" went back in today and it now says "Town Square." I originally had Wishes FP+ but changed it precisely because we could stay in front of the castle after the parade for Wishes.
2. And of course, now, there are no Wishes FP+ available. Grrr! :crazy2:

1. Who knows?
I do figure that they will do so, but I don't have a clue WHEN.
2. No surprises, there. Sorry.

When you say they don't care what time your fastpass is for as long as you have one, does that mean if you have a fp for the 11pm MSEP

1. you can use it for the 9pm parade

Or

2. You must use the fp for the 11pm parade if that is what you have but can arrive before the 10:30 window (or whenever it opens)

Thanks!

I'm bumping this post. Still waiting to see if they move MSEP FP+ viewing back in front of the castle before 11/16.

Another questions, is the backstage walkway to Tomorrowland Terrace open all the time now? If so, we should be able to use that from Town Square to the Hub after the parade to see CTM and Wishes. Correct?

Are you thinking it will be moved back to the Hub? We have FP+ for MSEP on November 16th and when I got it a little over a week ago it said "Plaza Viewing Area" went back in today and it now says "Town Square." I originally had Wishes FP+ but changed it precisely because we could stay in front of the castle after the parade for Wishes. And of course, now, there are no Wishes FP+ available. Grrr! :crazy2:
Do they say the location of your FP MSEP when you make a reservation?

Do they say the location of your FP MSEP when you make a reservation?
Yes it will say when you make the reservation. When we went in November it was at town square for MSEP and my understanding it still is there. We ended up getting FP+ for Wishes instead for our trip as we wanted to make sure to have a good spot for the fireworks.

Does anyone have a good strategy for seeing MSEP, Celebrate the Magic, and Wishes all in one night? Is it best to Fastpass MSEP and/or Wishes, or should you try to stake out one spot early to view all three? I like the idea of viewing the parade from Frontierland to avoid some of the crowds, but I'm concerned about the logistics and timing of getting back to Main Street to see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

FastPass them both, following the tail of the MSEP parade to the Wishes FastPass plus area. This worked well for us- there was plenty of time before Celebrate the Magic started.

I'd like to FP both, are they available at 60 days out or do they pop up later? I thought I remember reading something about this, but can't remember what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter