• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best strategy for adding one diner

Goaliemom30

Mouseketeer
I have a table for 2 booked at 7:40 p.m. for Spice Road Table at Epcot. My teenage son now wants to join us for dinner but it is a no go even when I call Disney dining. I figure I could try at the 24 hour mark or just bring him with us that night and beg for mercy. Any thoughts ?

Keep trying to add him, or bring him along at the time of your reservation and ask if they can fit him in. I'm sure they will try to fit him in, but there is no guarantee that they can do so, and perhaps you might have to wait a bit until a larger table opens up. Hope for the best, prepare for disappointment and have a backup plan.

Keep trying as things tend to open up. If not then it wouldnt hurt to ask the day of, and see if they can squeeze him in. Good luck!

As others have said, keep checking. Look for a party of 4. We have had success asking at the checkin of the restaurant earlier in the day. Sometimes the front desk can be helpful.

Just keep checking, but I wouldn't stress too much. We have had a family member decide to come with us last minute before...I am talking like she decided to join us as we are walking up to the restaurant. They were very gracious and allowed her to come.

I have a table for 2 booked at 7:40 p.m. for Spice Road Table at Epcot. My teenage son now wants to join us for dinner but it is a no go even when I call Disney dining. I figure I could try at the 24 hour mark or just bring him with us that night and beg for mercy. Any thoughts ?

As others have said, keep trying and also try for a table of 4 (if you show up with 3 instead of 4, it's ok). If you can't adjust the number, I would walk-up slightly earlier than your reservation and see if it's ok to join. No guarantees, but we have walked up to Spice Road Table at least 5 times with no ADR and have been seated almost immediately. The staff there are incredibly nice and, I believe, will do what they can to try to accommodate you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter