Best Stndrd 1BR villa at BWV?

macjodi

Mouseketeer
Will be there late July, looking for input to request best standard 1 bedroom at Boardwalk Villas. Would prefer higher than lower, distance to elevator not a big deal. Found something about room 4123. Any other suggestions?

Will be there late July, looking for input to request best standard 1 bedroom at Boardwalk Villas. Would prefer higher than lower, distance to elevator not a big deal. Found something about room 4123. Any other suggestions?

2123 & 3123 are right below and all 3 are extra large. It is a dedicated 1 bedroom. I had 3123 one time without even requesting it. The next time I requested one of the 3 and ended up on the opposite end.

I've requested these rooms too and still have never gotten it.

Yes, the rooms ending in 23 are extra large, but are far from the elevator. We had a standard view last year, one bedroom, I think it was 3221 or something like that. Farther from elevator, but close to walking path to Hollywood Studios, easy walk to bus stop and close to quiet pool. We could see the higher up Illuminations fireworks from our balcony.

just be aware that the shower in the xx23 rooms are smaller. while that incredible balcony and huge room layout made it perfect or us, it might not be so for everyone.
also, as pp said, they are far from the elevator. there is a stairwell very close, however, which makes it easy to reach the bus stop, walk to DHS, etc, as long as you don't have a stroller or anyone mobility impaired.

we loved those rooms :cloud9:

just be aware that the shower in the xx23 rooms are smaller. while that incredible balcony and huge room layout made it perfect or us, it might not be so for everyone.
also, as pp said, they are far from the elevator. there is a stairwell very close, however, which makes it easy to reach the bus stop, walk to DHS, etc, as long as you don't have a stroller or anyone mobility impaired.

we loved those rooms :cloud9:

The room with the tub is the same size as the others but the room with the shower, sink & toilet is only about 1/2 the size. The bedroom is the same. It's the living room & kitchen that are spread out. I remember one night it was raining and I watched Fantasmic from the bedroom balcony, then went out to the living room balcony for Illuminations. The interesting thing about Fantasmic was it's actually backstage that faces BWV so I could hear all the backstage announcements being made (couldn't see anything).

We were in room 4115 last summer and loved it. A little ways from the elevator but close to the stairs to the bus stop and the path to DHS. Big balcony was wonderful and we were able to see Illuminations.

Bus stop/path view and to the right is the large fountain
IMG_1553.jpg

Illuminations
IMG_1602.jpg

The only request I made was third or fourth floor.

I would just ask to not be on 1st floor. The patio (instead of the balcony) just didn't do it for us.

We were in room 4115 last summer and loved it. A little ways from the elevator but close to the stairs to the bus stop and the path to DHS. Big balcony was wonderful and we were able to see Illuminations.

Bus stop/path view and to the right is the large fountain
IMG_1553.jpg

Illuminations
IMG_1602.jpg

The only request I made was third or fourth floor.
That looks to be pretty much where we were, but on the ground level. I thought I was going to hate it there, but other than not having a view of the fireworks, I actually really liked it. We just walked out of our room, turned left and there was the door to the path to the bus. Walk out the door and walk about 3 steps and there was the door to the smoking area just before the quiet pool area and the walkway to DHS. Actually quite a good spot.

Two other downside of the x123 rooms: The REALLY poor lighting in the dining/kitchen area and the shower has no ledge to put shampoo, etc. so you have to put it on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter