Best Stingray Excursion at Grand Cayman?

Texas Momma

Earning My Ears
Hi! There are several stingray excursions at Grand Cayman, and I'm trying to figure out which one is best! We have two kids, 5 and 8 (both swimmers), and we're looking for an excursion that's around a few hours. Would love to do something that's fun, beautiful, and perfect for younger kids! Thanks! :)

edited to include: Here are the names of the excursions (if that helps): Adventure to the Stingray City Sandbar, Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar Snorkel, and Rum Point Beach Adventure & Stingray City Snorkel. We're not looking for something with dolphins (we're going that at Cozumel), and I'd prefer not to have super deep waters. Thanks again!!!

My son just turned 6...We are planning on doing Stingray city/ Starfish beach/ reef snorkel. There are several outside companies that offer it!

Thank you! So you're not doing it through Disney? I'll look into this! :)
Disney does not offer an excursion that includes Starfish Beach, and I think my son would love that. I've read quite a few good reviews on here about it, so I'm sure those that have done the tour will chime in soon :)

starfish.jpg starfish2.jpg We have gone to the Cayman's for the last several years and love it! I would definitely recommend doing the Stingrays and Starfish point. You can find all kinds of starfish and take pictures with them.

You didn't list "Island Tour and Snorkeling With Stingrays" but that's the one we did and we enjoyed it very much. We were back in time for a late lunch and had a visit to the Turtle Farm and Hell included. I thought it was a great little adventure in Grand Cayman. For a detailed report, there's a trip report link in my signature.

Is Starfish Beach better than Rum Point Beach for kids?

Starfish Beach does not have anything there...It looks like an old neighborhood that never got developed...I have been by car and boat and the streets were in but then nothing...If you do it on an excursion they will take you by boat, you unload from the boat and the water is not deep and you walk thru and can snorkel looking for the starfish...Water is very shallow...it is definitely worth seeing all the starfish though. Our boat guide last year found one for all the kids to hold and take pictures with them on their arms...You can see the beach area behind. I would say probably 30 minutes top at Starfish point. Rum Point has a place to eat at it.starfish3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter