Best Steaks at Disney?

rosedolph

Mouseketeer
I am looking for a place to get a great steak for my Hubby's 40 bday. We went to Le Cellier years ago and had a great experience, but I have heard that the food has declined. Any other ides?
Thanks!

The food is still good at Le Cellier but the prices have raised significantly in recent years when it was changed to a signature dining experience. We still wind up going every trip but I think you'll get a lot more recommendations for Shula's or Yachtsman's now. But I'm a sucker for pretzel bread and poutine fries with a cold Unibroue beer.

The debate's quickly going to devolve to Shula's vs. Yachtman's, either will give you a great steak. Our personal preference is Yachstman, we used to still stand by Le Cellier but after our last visit we may not make it back for a few now. The food quality was okay, but service was a bit slow and it felt much louder than in previous visits.

I had steaks this week at Le Cellier and Brown Derby. Both were great. I will admit that the Le Cellier steak (ribeye) was not quite as good as it was my first time there in 2013. But it was still very good. The Brown Derby steak (filet) was great...and was perhaps better than the one I had there in 2013. Extremely great service at both this times. Very good desserts at both too....hello creme brûlée and ice wine!

I also had a ribeye at Yachtsman in 2013. The 2 above were better than Yachstman to me. And the service was not that great.

I had a filet at Shula's here in Birmingham a few years ago. It was great and I'm sure would be good anywhere. But that wouldn't be "Disney" at all to me if that is something you want.

Hope the info helps. :)

Best steak on property is Shula's--followed by Yachtsman. Both offer a # of different cuts.

Problem with other spots is that tho they may have a good steak, it's just ONE cut--and that usually a filet or NY strip.

We have always had a great meal at Le Cellier. That being said, other great choices are Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point, and Flying Fish.

Like Uncleromulus stated before, I believe what I've always read, is that it is between the 2. SO much to say that at my 180 day I was able to make ADR's for both Shulas & YS at 5:15 & 5:30 respectively for the same night for 10. We couldn't choose, but were leaning towards Shulas....( Because more of a top notch High end steak experience )

Well I've since found out, that neither is really good with having kids involved in the dining experience.
I have twins age 11 ( but that;s not the problem. They're well behaved, and polite, it's our soon to be 3 yr old Nephew that may act out/get cranky/ have a meltdown, that I've heard that these places kinda frown upon.

So needless to say, instead canceling 1 of these , we are probably going to cancel both & just wing it at BRG..:confused3

Talk about a big letdown...:sad:

Shula's does frown upon kid restaurant meltdowns. But not so much YSH. Being Disney operated they really can't say much about any misbehaving kids.

I agree with Uncleromulus. We've eaten at Yachtsman with our young grandchildren and they were warmly welcomed. They were well behaved tho.

I had a filet at Shula's here in Birmingham a few years ago. It was great and I'm sure would be good anywhere. But that wouldn't be "Disney" at all to me if that is something you want.
I sort of get what you are saying in theory, but in practice, when one enters Shula's off of the lobby of the Dolphin Resort, it doesn't feel any more or less "Disney" than walking into the Yachtsman off of the lobby of the Yacht Club Resort. The very fact that you are in the whimsical lobby of a resort on Disney property creates the Disney feel. Just like walking into Tutto Italia or Via Napoli gives you that Disney feel, even though you are walking into a Patina Group restaurant that you could walk into in California, New York, New Jersey or Maryland. The Shula's in Miami does not feel like Disney to me. But the Shula's in the Dolphin does. Either way, I certainly wouldn't let this "feeling" influence my decision on where to get the best steak. All the "Disney feel" in the world cannot turn a non-Prime steak into a Prime steak. When the question posed is: "Which restaurants are "quintessentially Disney""?, I leave Shula's off the list. When the question is: "Who has the best steak?", I put Shula's on the list.

If the point of the dinner is a birthday celebration for a 40 yr old guy, Shula's is the spot. :earsboy:

I sort of get what you are saying in theory, but in practice, when one enters Shula's off of the lobby of the Dolphin Resort, it doesn't feel any more or less "Disney" than walking into the Yachtsman off of the lobby of the Yacht Club Resort. The very fact that you are in the whimsical lobby of a resort on Disney property creates the Disney feel. Just like walking into Tutto Italia or Via Napoli gives you that Disney feel, even though you are walking into a Patina Group restaurant that you could walk into in California, New York, New Jersey or Maryland. The Shula's in Miami does not feel like Disney to me. But the Shula's in the Dolphin does. Either way, I certainly wouldn't let this "feeling" influence my decision on where to get the best steak. All the "Disney feel" in the world cannot turn a non-Prime steak into a Prime steak. When the question posed is: "Which restaurants are "quintessentially Disney""?, I leave Shula's off the list. When the question is: "Who has the best steak?", I put Shula's on the list.

Understandable. But I did say..."to me" and "if that is something you want". It was just my opinion on part of the equation that would matter to me. If it doesn't matter to the person asking, then they can choose to disregard it. :)

While I agree that the Yachtsman is fantastic, I feel that the filet offered at The Wave is one of THE best steaks on property. Plus that delicious multigrain bread...yum. If you want a steak that is just a little different, I would go for The Wave.

Understandable. But I did say..."to me" and "if that is something you want". It was just my opinion on part of the equation that would matter to me.
I hear you. But from the way your post was written, it sounded as if you have not been to the Shula's in WDW. So I wondered (aloud) what the opinion was based on. If I am reading it incorrectly and you have been to the Shula's at the Dolphin and it didn't feel like Disney to you, then of course, you get the last word, and your opinion is your opinion. But if you haven't been to the Shula's in the Dolphin, then your opinion isn't so much an opinion as it is a supposition, and I was simply trying to underscore where that supposition might be misleading and where an alternative point of view might be persuasive.

I like Narcooses. I made a reservation there for my birthday in September. Also get to watch fireworks if you're still there at 9:00!

The best steaks I have had (at Disney that is) have been at Jiko and Hollywood Brown Derby. I would never go back to Le Cellier since my steak there was quite lacking.

I will say I have not been to Shula's or Yachtman so I can't comment on those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter