Best Steakhouse in Disney World

Shula's is very, very good, no doubt. However, I found Blu Zoo to be comparable in every way. Yes, Blu Zoo is more of a seafood place, but they make a heck of a steak. Shula's atmosphere was awful and the service very slow every time. Blu Zoo was spot on every time in every aspect.

I tried LeCellier and was not impressed at all. Not with the crowded basement restaurant, not with the long wait to get food, not with the food.

That said, I have not yet been able to get into the Yachtsman. Our upcoming trip in April is a first for that.

AliieV can you please let me know what you think of Yachtsman Steakhouse after your April trip?

I have not ate at Shula's but have heard nothing but good things. Knowing that my vote is for Yachtmans.

I've never been to the schulas down there, but the one by my house makes me like beef, and that's saying a lot.

Hi disnmooner! Personally, I find Le Cellier's food to be very salty. Their fillet is served over risotto, and has white truffle sauce with mushrooms. I've never been able to tell if it's the risotto or the sauce, but it's a very salty, rich meal. It's also not as formal as Yachtsman, but that can be a positive or a negative depending on what you prefer. It's also a much smaller, more intimate space than Yachtsman.

Yachtsman has a very neat display of their meat aging when you walk in. My family had wonderful service there, and it's definitely more formal than Le Cellier. They are both very comfortable, romantic settings though. They have a much larger selection of steaks there as well; everything from fillet to porterhouse. With this difference in ambience comes a higher price, but it really is a lovely steakhouse if you decide to go there. Good luck and best regards! :goodvibes

Another vote for Shula's. Yachtsman is very good, though. The Flying Fish and Artist Point both have good steaks on their menus as well.

Wow, I'm really looking forward to my Yachtsman dinner now and am wondering if I should book it twice since it's at our hotel.

I will drop a line with a comment on it, as requested, OP.

You can't really go wrong with either, but if its a really special occasion, I would choose the yachtsman. It a little more "upscale" and the menu is more diverse, and if you want wine they have a wider selection.

There's been alot of negative reviews for T Rex, but the steak we had there was better than LeCellier. It may have been a fluke, but the steaks were seasoned perfectly, cooked to perfection, and twice the size of the LeCellier steaks-Both T-Bones. The downside is the atmosphere is loud at T Rex.

AliieV can you please let me know what you think of Yachtsman Steakhouse after your April trip?

Ok, per your request, here is my steak-around-the-world review.

The Yachtsman steak itself was very good. The Yachtsman restaurant was fabulous. I think it was because we had such a great seat, right in the lighthouse portion near a window by the pool. We could see the Illuminations fireworks from our seats. My filet was great. Hubby ordered the same thing and his was not as good. Odd but true. Mine had flavor and was tender. His was tough and flavorless.

The Blu Zoo steak was not as good as the last time but still good. Just "good".

Citrico's was the worst meal of all, all around. Their steak was really tough and we suspected they ran out of filet and substituted something else.

The Captain's Grill was also quite good but we didn't have steak. Hubby had their pork -- the best he's had since 1998 he claims -- and I had their vegetarian special which was sweet potato tortellini. That was probably one of the better meals we had there. The waiter was also very good and the service was quick. We had no rez, either.

Hope this helps.

Ok, per your request, here is my steak-around-the-world review.

The Yachtsman steak itself was very good. The Yachtsman restaurant was fabulous. I think it was because we had such a great seat, right in the lighthouse portion near a window by the pool. We could see the Illuminations fireworks from our seats. My filet was great. Hubby ordered the same thing and his was not as good. Odd but true. Mine had flavor and was tender. His was tough and flavorless.

The Blu Zoo steak was not as good as the last time but still good. Just "good".

Citrico's was the worst meal of all, all around. Their steak was really tough and we suspected they ran out of filet and substituted something else.

The Captain's Grill was also quite good but we didn't have steak. Hubby had their pork -- the best he's had since 1998 he claims -- and I had their vegetarian special which was sweet potato tortellini. That was probably one of the better meals we had there. The waiter was also very good and the service was quick. We had no rez, either.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for responding back AllieV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter