Best steak

Pacesetters

We Love The MOUSE!!
My DH and DS are big steak eaters. I am trying to decide between Le Cellier and the Yatchsman. Opinions? Or even another recommendation.

While we really like both of your choices, Shula's at The Dolphin is our favorite for steak. We have ADR's at all three for our upcoming trip and love the apps/sides/desserts at all of them but judging just by the steak, we think Shula's is the best. The bread they have is insanely good, too.

Shula's is the best steak available in WDW, but if you are on the Dining Plan it is not on it. From your two choices I much prefer Yachtsman Steakhouse over LeCellier. I like the atmosphere much better at YSH than LC. The tables are spread out more, it is much quieter, is not as cramped and is not as dark. I also think the steaks are much, much better than LC. At LC I personally think they are way too salty and not as good; but then this is only my opinion. From my experience the steaks at YSH are very good (not great) and for me LC is perhaps a notch above... Ok, I'll say it, an Outback or Longhorn. Sorry, just not a fan of LC when it was a 1TS restaurant and certainly am not a fan with it being a signature restaurant with almost the same menu. For those who love LC I'll be making it easier for them to get an ADR; returning to LC anytime soon is not on the radar for me.

Every time we go to Disney the best steak of the trip is at Citricos. It's always a different preparation each time, but it's always filet and the best. We usually eat at 4+ signatures a trip. My husband likes steak a lot. He also loves the char crusted steak at Flying Fish but likes the sauce on the side (that steak is always the same, it's something people love there). We have had very good to OK steaks at Yachtsman, Jiko, California Grill, and Artist's Point. But none have been as good as citricos.

We are the kind of people that like a more "interesting" steak though, sauces, etc. I may be wrong, but Schula's seems like the kind of place where you just order the beef and there's not a whole lot else to it...??? Not our thing. Like a Flemings. We like something more than just the meat, we can get plain beef at home.

Last edited:
If you don't mind going a little off property across from Celebration, you could also try Charley's. They have fantastic steaks in the classic steakhouse setting. On property, Shula's wins.

I'm not sure if the dining plan is a factor, but I would vote Yachtsman over Le Cellier. We also love Narccoossee's for the atmosphere, lobster add on, and fireworks viewing. If you do choose Yachtsman try the truffle mac and cheese, it's an add on but really good.

I reckon I am the odd ball because I would chose Le Cellier. You are a little cramped in the restaurant but nothing too bad. Yachtsman is also nice and does taste good but I just prefer Le Cellier. You really cannot go wrong with either one of them.

This is how we rate our steak experiences:
1. Shula's
2. Le Cellier
3. Yatchsman Grill
4. Bull and Bear - Waldorf on Bonnet Creek (Recommended by Disunplugged team)

We like Shula's for atmosphere, wait staff, Table in Wonderland discount and the fact that the Filet is so big that my wife and I can split it.
We go for one drink each, one side and the beef. It can be a reasonable meal. It is also easy to get into if there in no convention.

We LOVE the sauce on LC's filet. We tried Narcoossee one trip and DD complained because she didn't care for the sauce and I ended up asking for some melted butter for her. It was OK for me, but it didn't stand out. We are sauce people though. We enjoy a good steak, but we love a great, creamy sauce. Also, DH only really likes filet mignon best. He does not like the fattier cuts at all. I do, but sauce is still the most important part for me :) Haven't tried Yachtsman though.

We're going to a lot of effort to go back to LC for our trip next week (for the first time since they became 2TS). Super excited!

Tammy: We liked Turf Club's steak and plan to return next week.

I'm a big steak eater (from Chicago) and Yachtsman is my favorite steak on property.

A lot of the signature restaurants serve a filet and of those I think I like Narcoossee's best.

We love Shula's - the steak is really very good and the atmosphere is fantastic. The yachtsman was also excellent but the service wasn't as good.

shulas is a great choice ..Le Cellier is so so..and havent been to the other one

Not to hijack this thread or anything but any for 1TS?
1. Sanaa's strip was very good last fall. But is served with a spicy (hot) knob of butter on top so ask for the butter to be served on the side. Better cut than any other 1 TS that I have experienced.
2. Kona has a very good strip steak & have enjoyed x2.
3. I've heard good things about BOG's strip steak but have not tried (had the lamb. It was excellent).

I feel the same way about Yachtsman Steakhouse. Food is good, service is just OK. Used to be on every trip, no more.
Shula's food it exceptional as is their service. High class without high class attitude.

I feel like it's a hidden gem and I am almost hesitant to mention it because then you'll all know but while I defer to the love for Shulas and YSH - for 1TS we had a pretty fantastic strip steak and dining experience at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Resort - now that was a few years ago so I am not able to speak to current status but as I recall It was quiet and beautifully appointed with polished dark woods and the service was friendly and attentive. I also remember the grilled romaine salad as kind of amazing and surprising in just how much I liked it. It's out of the way so it gets ignored in lists like this but it was a solid choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter