• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Standard View Rooms at the Poly

alice0826

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are headed to WDW on Saturday to see DD who is on the DCP. We scored a great cast member discount for the Poly! We usually stay at Pop so we can go more often, but due to the great holiday discount for cast members we decided to go for it and book the Poly as we've always wanted to stay there. I don't know too much about room locations, so I thought I'd go straight to the experts! :thumbsup2 Can anyone recommend a good location for a standard view room? We are looking more for ambiance than being close to the main area. I look forward to hearing from you soon! :santa:

I like Fiji... It has the marina on one side and beach on the other. Short walk from the GCH.

I vote Samoa too! We just stayed at the Poly in August and had a fabulous time. We were in Samoa, 1st floor, facing the quiet pool. I absolutely loved the location! :)

I would avoid Samoa quiet pool side. There is some construction going on and they have the quiet pool side of Samoa fenced off. Same goes for Niue. We are in Tokelau right now and I don't think there is a bad view in this building and the location is great.

Thanks for the information...it is much appreciated! Does anyone know about Tahiti? I heard it is one of the newer buildings. We don't need to be near to a bus stop since we will have a car.

We've stayed in Tahiti, Hawaii....bonus upgrade, and most recently Fiji...always 2nd or third floor.

Tahiti is nice and quiet b/c it's further from the pools and grand ceremonial house. Also convenient walking to the TTC. Newer so it has 2 sinks instead of one...slightly larger rooms...but not noticeably so. I also believe all 3 floors have balcony or patio. Some other longhouses do not have that gurantee. Our room view was lovely....poly pathways.

Hawaii was concierge and a surprise upgrade....nice view as well....poly pathways.

Fiji is convenient to the grand ceremonial house(thus restaurants and monorail)....also close to the volcano pool and marina. We had a water lagoon view....of the grand Floridian construction and poly pathway....considered std view even tho' it was water view.

My fave was Tahiti due to the two sinks....and we did not mind the small amount of extra walking to the "action" b/c all walks around the lush grounds are lovely. I would say I found it to be quieter and "out of the way"....but actually all of our stays have even quiet and pleasant at the poly.

Congrats on the discount and enjoy your first Poly stay!

Fiji 3rd Floor... lagoon and marina views are fabulous! You can't beat the convenience to the Grand Ceremonial House. Enjoy your trip!

Niue 1st floor facing the volcano pool! We loved our 1st floor room. We were steps to the pool, GCH and Captain Cooks. 5-6min walk to the TTC, very pretty walkway at night. Niue is very close to the bus stop and laundry facility as well. 1st floor rooms have huge patios, perfect for us. It is the only 2 story longhouse with no balcony, so beware if you want a balcony Niue is not for you.

I'll second or third Tokelau. Very centrally located with beautiful views. Larger rooms with balcony on second floor also.

Tahiti - love it. to see the fireworks just go to the front of the building - the garden views are in the back and look out on a special garden.

I loved Tokelau! It was one of the newer buildings, so it's a bit bigger, and you are guaranteed a patio or balcony (even on the second floor). We were on the first floor, on the corner...we could see the beach from our patio. It was very nice! Right next to the quiet pool; close to the GCH and volcano pool (didn't want our kids to be able to see it from the room, lol), the beach, and TTc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter