• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best standard view rooms at BC?

jenniferma

DIS Veteran
Hi, one of my friends is staying standard view at beach club. Wondering if anyone could help... She like to be in a room near the pool for the kids.. But with a nice view. They were unfortunately blocked out of free dining or room discounts... So they don't really want to pay more than standard view rack rate.

Are there any rooms in standard that have great views and near the pool .. Possibly with balcony? Thanks so much - Jen

Hi, one of my friends is staying standard view at beach club. Wondering if anyone could help... She like to be in a room near the pool for the kids.. But with a nice view. They were unfortunately blocked out of free dining or room discounts... So they don't really want to pay more than standard view rack rate. Are there any rooms in standard that have great views and near the pool .. Possibly with balcony? Thanks so much - Jen

I have only stayed one time at BC, but I learned that balconies are not all created equal in this resort. There are Juliet balconies, which are not made for "using". I did not see a lot of balconies that one could really sit and relax on. I think your friend needs to prioritize her requests, and if being near the pool is important, I would make sure that is listed first. The thing about requests is that too many are a problem because the scheduler will try but may not give you the one you really need, but one that is listed, if that makes sense.

It's the furthest from the pool you can get, but our favourite standard rooms are the ones right at the end of the resort closest to Epcot. You can walk out the door at the end of the hallway and you're basically there already. They were standard when we stayed in that room, but I'm not sure if they've been categorized differently now, they may have been changed to garden view because you can see trees.

My suggestion to your friend would be to request the location she wants and hope for the best on the view. I don't think there's really much that would trump room location for me in the standard view category.

From the Beach Club the pool is set up sort of closest to the lobby on that side of the resort ( I think the Yacht Club is a tad closer ).

I stayed in a standard room a few years ago and it ended up being a garden-type view. Some trees and a walkway. It only had the Juliet balcony so we could only stand on it vs. sitting. As one of the PP's said - it was quite a ways from the pool, but really close to the International Gateway at Epcot.

It's the furthest from the pool you can get, but our favourite standard rooms are the ones right at the end of the resort closest to Epcot. You can walk out the door at the end of the hallway and you're basically there already. They were standard when we stayed in that room, but I'm not sure if they've been categorized differently now, they may have been changed to garden view because you can see trees.

My suggestion to your friend would be to request the location she wants and hope for the best on the view. I don't think there's really much that would trump room location for me in the standard view category.

Yes, all those rooms on the end overlooking the woods are now categorized garden view now. They are my favorite location!

50% of BC room have full balconies. There aren't that many standard rooms near SAB (they face away from the pool toward the front entrance and roofs, mostly on the third and fourth floor). She might have more luck requesting to be near the quiet pool but, again, they wouldn't have a view of it.

We are going Sept 2015. Renting DVC points. I would like to be close to the gateway. Is there a specific area or floor in the garden view that is better? Not to worried about balcony. Can you see fireworks from Illuminations from the garden view? It will be our first time there. We have not even walked through the resort to get a feel (which i like to do).
Thank you.

thanks everyone for your help- I sent her your responses. It seems that BC is a bit different from CR, Poly and GF in that you can get pretty decent rooms without upgrading?

or perhaps these have all changed since my last trip to WDW! This vacation we upgraded to a tower room at CR (since there were no rooms left in garden view)

thanks again!

We are going Sept 2015. Renting DVC points. I would like to be close to the gateway. Is there a specific area or floor in the garden view that is better? Not to worried about balcony. Can you see fireworks from Illuminations from the garden view? It will be our first time there. We have not even walked through the resort to get a feel (which i like to do).
Thank you.

BCV is a different building than the BC resort. Every room there has a balcony. Also, my understanding is they don't have separate view categories there. We are staying there ourselves and I have been doing a lot of research on this. Yes, there are rooms with Illuminations views but these rooms (or the vast majority of them) are near a busy road so there is a trade off. I would ask for Epcot view, high floor. We are giving up any hope of glimpsing Epcot in order to have more quiet in our room request.

thanks everyone for your help- I sent her your responses. It seems that BC is a bit different from CR, Poly and GF in that you can get pretty decent rooms without upgrading?

or perhaps these have all changed since my last trip to WDW! This vacation we upgraded to a tower room at CR (since there were no rooms left in garden view)

thanks again!

I wouldn't say that. There are some truly dreadful roofs-for-miles standard views at the BC. You might refer her to the pics on tripadvisor or the room views section of touring plans for an idea of what to expect.

We had a standard view on the third floor. It had a full balcony. It had a huge flat gravel roof right out in front of it. However, we kind of had a corner view of stormalong bay and we could see some of the frozen fireworks at night. It was a terrible view, but the fireworks at night kind of helped.

The gravel roof views at BC really stink in my opinion. I don't mind a parking lot or whatever, but those flat roofs are ugly. You'd think there would have been a way to avoid that when they were designing the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter