Best standard rooms at Pop Century??

spankysmom

Mouseketeer
Could I request a location??

We're going in May, my husband has a business meeting. It's a quick trip and we'll be at the parks most of the time, so we weren't fussy about rooms. Trying to do it as cheaply as possible. We have never stayed at any of the Value resorts before.

Thanks!

We stayed at Pop a couple of years ago in a standard room. We were in the 50s building that is the furthest from Everything Pop. It was not a bad walk past the bowling pin pool. We requested a 4th floor room (less noise) with a view of the lake on our preferences. We did have a small view of the lake. Our room overlooked the Bowling Pin pool, which I was concerned would be noisy, but it ended up not to be.

We are going in April, and requested 60s or 70s - just for a change of pace. The whole "view" thing really doesn't matter that much IMO, as the rooms are motel-like with doors to the outside, so you can't sit and enjoy the view, you are basically walking along the "balcony" past other rooms.

Absolutely you can make a request, but it may or may not be honored. If you just request to be as close to Classic Hall as possible, rather than requesting a certain building or certain room, then the room assigner will have a better idea of where or where not to put you. Last time I made this request, I was put in room 3360, end room facing lake in building 3. I was actually closer to Classic Hall than a lot of rooms that are considered to be preferred.

Building 6 facing the lake - except at the end of September when this is the ABSOLUTE WORST possible location to request ;)

50's building three on the 4th floor with a lake/Spaceship Earth view. Quiet, pretty, awesome view, and still only about 4 minutes to the main hall!

And the PP likely doesn't want you to request the same room/area during the dates THEY will be requesting the same spot!

Why is that??
Well, it's certainly NOT because that's when I'll be there and I want the best possible chance of getting my request... nope, absolutely not. Uh-uh. Nope. No way. Couldn't be. I would NEVER do something like that, trying to steer someone away from something for entirely selfish reasons. Nope. Not me. Never. Ever.

Well, it's certainly NOT because that's when I'll be there and I want the best possible chance of getting my request... nope, absolutely not. Uh-uh. Nope. No way. Couldn't be. I would NEVER do something like that, trying to steer someone away from something for entirely selfish reasons. Nope. Not me. Never. Ever.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter