Best St. Thomas/St. John Snokeling excursion??HELP

pointman37

Earning My Ears
I am looking for the best informatin on an excursion to St john that involves snorkeling and a half day sail type option. If anyone has done some of the ones offered by Disney or is it better to get off the boat and shop around for excursions. Also if anyone has done more than one of these from different companies/charters I would appreciate your comments or review's of them.
We are going to be on the 8 Nov Eastern.

I say any excursion going to Trunk Bay. what a GORGEOUS area. That is on St. John's. I loved every minute of that excursion.. It was offered on the Magic in Sept 2000

In St Thomas, Coki Beach is probably one of the best snorkelling place outside of St John

Thanks for the reply but I am looking for more specific information about doing an excursion with a charter company and boat. I would really like a detailed type of review of a bunch of these different companies that are on St Thomas and then take you by boat to St John (Coki beach, Trunk bay,
Maegens bay etc.

Thanks again

I am a vet of 20 cruises mostly to Caribbean. I think the Capt Nautica excursion is by far the best snorkeling excursion not only in St Thomas but the Caribbean. Make sure you do not have any back injuries! They put you in a big zodiac type boat with 500 hp motors. You then go to Trunk bay and Snorkel in deeper water off the boat. As the rest of the flotilla (all the other excursions get there later because they go slower) arrives they put you back in the boat and go over the St John for more snorkeling. The St John location is off the beach so you can also just lay around if that is what you want. The crew also gives out non-alcoholic drinks and a fruit tray. I get nothing for the recommendation and I am booked for the second time with my son on the 10/11 cruise.

tstan65 thanks for the info on Captain Nautica's that's the one we wanted to do but we have a 5 y/o and disney won't allow it and Captain Nautica's has a contract with disney that won't allow it when the boat is in the port or that's what they said over the phone.

We did the St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel Tour through DCL last fall and loved it!!! All 3 of my kids (7, 10, 12) said it was the highlight of the trip. Trunk Bay is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen and the snorkeling was great. We are definitely planning on doing it again when we cruise next summer! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We chatered Captain PAt of Independence in Jan.
We took a taxi to Red Hook and we sailed to ST. John.
We did a full day sail. me, DH, ds-9 and dd-7.
It was the best day of our entire trip.

She can only take 6 passesngers. She has a first mate who explained the sightgs and was our snorkle guide.

We paid extra and paid for the last 2 pass. so we had the whole boat to ourselves. It in cluded lunch and drinks.

Some other groups are Highpockets and rumba.

Thanks to everyone who posted, it is all great information. Now all I have to do is try to get the 24 people in our group to agree on what they might like to do - Too easy, right! Well see you on the ship Nov. 8th Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter