• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best SSR Section?

wildernessDad

DIS Veteran
Quite frankly, I like SSR and its views of DTD. I also like the fact that there is boat service to DTD from SSR.

I hope to stay there sometime in the next few years. Just looking at the map, I'd say that Congress Park section or the Grandstand section would be nice.

Which section do you think is the best SSR section and why? I know that your answers are subjective, but that's okay. We're all entitled to our opinions. Give me yours!

Thanks!

We're staying there from June 29-July 9. Since we'll be there for the 4th of July, I've asked for a room facing Downtown Disney, presumably in Congress Park. According to allears.net, there is to be a fireworks spectacular at 11:00 p.m. in Downtown Disney on Independence Day. I think it would be so much fun to be able to sit on our balcony and watch the fireworks show. When it's over, no hassles, just walk back in to the luxury of our room!

If it wasn't for the fireworks, I might ask for a room in "The Springs" so we would be closer to the restaurants. That being said, it looks like there really are no really bad views at SSR and the grounds are so lovely (at least in the photos) that a walk to anywhere would be simply beautiful.

Deb

Congress Park is our favorite area. We requested (but did not get) CP 11 months out for our most recent trip in December. We were assigned to the Grandstand Section instead. Congress Park is still our favorite, though Grandstand comes in a close 2nd.
Usually it's just my husband and I. We prefer the quiet pools to the main pool, so the closer sections have no real draw for us. We don't find the walk tedious or excessive to the Carriage House and actually enjoy the distance and 'spread-out' nature of the resort.
We frequently walk to DTD but do have some trepidation walking late at night to come back home. We've also walked over to Old Key West - this can be quite a walk, so make certain you're up for it.
My most favorite thing to do: anytime of the night or day, just sit in the high-back rockers by the quiet pool at CP and people watch or bird watch or watch the excitement over at PI and know you're not participating, rather you are enjoying an extremely relaxing time away from the craziness that surrounds you.:goodvibes

Grand section for convience to pools, first bus stop, close to AP, close to ferry.

Congress Park for views of DTD, easy walk to DTD, nice quiet pool.

Paddock comes in third, views of lakes, walks a little longer still not bad.

Springs section for closets proximinty to AP and main pools. The major downside to staying here is its the last bus stop.

I do not want to stay in the Carousel section. It is the only section with out a pool. Farthest from AP and main feature pool. Is the second bus stop in the resort.

Congress Park by far is the best at SSR.......you can walk in about 5 mins to DTD. the views are great and sometimes they have Fireworks at DTD and Congress park has best views of that, especially at the Congress Park Pool. The Main pool (High Rock Springs) is not too far a walk either, or you can take ANY bus from Congress park and the next stop is always at The Main Pool.

Hello,

From my point of view, the Grandstand area is the place to lay your head at SSR... If you are traveling with little ones, it really can't be beat for convenience... First bus stop, minutes from the main sections of the resort, wonderful pool with play areas for kids(horsehead water cannons) as well as adults(pool bar:thumbsup2:cool1:) etc...

I think my opinion may differ if we were traveling without the boys, probably preferring CP then, but when my wife and I have the whole crew it's Grandstand or bust!

KennyD

I agree with GrandStand! Great views, close to AP steps to bus stop!

DVCKenny...Hi neighbor, we're in Lockport!

We staid in the Paddock. It's not bad. Just a bit too far for the little ones to walk to the main pool. We are hoping to stay at the Grandstand's this November.

DVCKennyD and DisneyBride03, gotta give a shout out from just down I-80 in Morris!

Here's a question for those who've stayed at SSR. We're staying there for NYE and requested the Grandstand. What's the name of its pool bar and what do they serve there (Duh, I know alcohol, but I was wondering if it served food, too, like LL at BWV)?

Which section do you think is the best SSR section and why? I know that your answers are subjective, but that's okay. We're all entitled to our opinions. Give me yours!

Hey Marylander!

tomandrobin covered the highlights. For us, I think anywhere in the front of the resort is best. I find I liked the lake views at Springs more than Grandstand, but my dad loved watching the groundskeepers mowing the lawns in the early hours at Grandstand.

I prefer to walk over to Congress Park than actually stay there. My reason is that I frequent AP alot and I can only use the HRS pool due to my accessibility needs. The walk from Congress Park is just long enough to feel inconvenient. Plus I find the view of PI lackluster (just the back of buildings without any neat theming). West Side is a pretty sight as is Marketplace. But right where the pool is, you mostly see PI. And I always seem to hear loud power boats racing across the lake during the daylight. The lakes at Paddocks and Springs are more tranquil and scenic to my eye.

But if you are used to a nightlife view like you get at BCV and BWV, Congress Park DTD view is the bomb. I'm a country girl at heart.

The east side of Paddocks seems less desirable though. It is just far enough it seems out there and at least one building has views of the fire station. I think I'd want to stay there less than Carousel.

Carousel is a bit farther out than the front, but it does have some nice views. In warm weather, I wouldn't have a big issue with being there.

Whatever area you're in, take the time to learn the pathway shortcuts. They'll save a lot of time and distance making everywhere a nice place to stay.

Hello,

From my point of view, the Grandstand area is the place to lay your head at SSR... If you are traveling with little ones, it really can't be beat for convenience... First bus stop, minutes from the main sections of the resort, wonderful pool with play areas for kids(horsehead water cannons) as well as adults(pool bar:thumbsup2:cool1:) etc...

I think my opinion may differ if we were traveling without the boys, probably preferring CP then, but when my wife and I have the whole crew it's Grandstand or bust!

KennyD

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! The Grandstand is horrible ;) (we loved it when we stayed there)

DVCKennyD and DisneyBride03, gotta give a shout out from just down I-80 in Morris!

Here's a question for those who've stayed at SSR. We're staying there for NYE and requested the Grandstand. What's the name of its pool bar and what do they serve there (Duh, I know alcohol, but I was wondering if it served food, too, like LL at BWV)?

Hi there!! Never ordered food or even asked if they did?! Just wanted that "I am on vacation cocktail" before I got to my room! The name? Someone will know...all I know is I have great photos from my room view...can email if you'd like, great shots, dont know how to post photos!:confused3

Just keep it under your hat how "bad" this location is:joker:

I agree with GrandStand! Great views, close to AP steps to bus stop!

DVCKenny...Hi neighbor, we're in Lockport!

Howdy Neighbor!

Well, well, well... what a small world:thumbsup2 Nice to know that there is somebody else from the area. As they say at WDW... "it's a small world after all"...:rotfl2:

KennyD

Nice!! Looks like you were in the building directly across from us...
Here are a couple of pics I took of the Grandstand area...

07940006.jpg

07940005.jpg

07940007.jpg

07940003.jpg

I was ! lol
My room was the top floor, 2nd balcony in from the left! A great studio!

I enjoy watching the "golfers" teeing off.

I enjoyed watching the "golfers" hit their balls into the woods and then drop one in its place. :laughing:

And the way they drive those golft carts. I think they had too many "vacation cocktails." It was a perfect view for my morning :coffee: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter