• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Spas and 2009 Rates?

Capo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm considering getting a half day or full day Spa package for my wife as a surprise. Since I really know nothing about Disney's Spas, I have a few questions:

1) Which one is the best?
2) What are the prices?
3) Do you need reservations for them?
4) Can you request a male or female, ermm... massager person? (I think my wife would feel a bit uncomfortable with another man doing it)
5) Can you use disney gift-cards to pay for them?

Anything else I should know about them?

Thanks!

Hi Capo -

I was wondering the same thing since I am thinking about treating myself to a massage so I called to get some information. This is what I found out:

1) Which one is the best? – I’m not sure. I‘ve never been the Spas at WDW. Hopefully other posters can weigh in to let us know their preferences.

There are two Spas – Grand Floridian Spa and Saratoga Springs Spa

2) What are the prices? – To see the list of price list for treatments offered at Grand Floridian - http://relaxedyet.com/gf_treatments.asp

To see the list of price list for treatments offered at Saratoga Springs - http://relaxedyet.com/ss_treatments.asp

3) Do you need reservations for them? – Yes. Reservations can be made at least 30 days in advance.

The phone number for the Grand Floridian Spa is: (407) 824-2332

The phone number for the Saratoga Springs Spa is: (407) 827-4455

4) Can you request a male or female, ermm... massager person? (I think my wife would feel a bit uncomfortable with another man doing it) – Yes

5) Can you use disney gift-cards to pay for them? – Yes. You can use Disney Gift Cards or Disney Visa Reward Cards

I think its great that you want to book a treatment for your wife. She's one lucky lady!

DW and I have been to the SSR spa twice. First time was individual massage (each). I don't remember what types, but the "massage-persons" were great! We both felt totally relaxed for the rest of the day. (If I could get a pro massage every day, I'd be one happy camper :thumbsup2 )

Second time was for a "full overhaul" treatment. We had individual massages again, individual facial treatments and then we were together for manicure/pedicure. Being a guy {insert manly grunting} I wasn't thrilled about the mani/pedi, but I must say that my hands and feet felt great afterwards. This wasn't cheap, I think we spent at least $350 for the both of us. It was worth it.

We haven't done the GF spa, but I'd have to guess that the level of service is the same. I know you mentioned that you were going to do this for your DW, but go ahead and get a massage yourself while you're at it. You won't regret it!

We recently received an offer to stay @ a value resort for 5 nights, 6 days and a $500 gift card. So I was thinking about giving the Mrs. the gift card for a spa outing. We're staying @ Pop Century...can we visit the SSR or GF spas while we are there?

relaxedyet.net. GF and SSR spa website.
They have explanation of treatments and the price. Our group prefers the GF spa. Susan

Does anyone know if any of these spas has a whirlpool? If so, which one is nicer/more romantic?

Also wondering if they offer any packages that include lunch?

Does anyone know if any of these spas has a whirlpool? If so, which one is nicer/more romantic?

Also wondering if they offer any packages that include lunch?

Yes they have whirlpools. The spa whirlpools are not shared whirlpools. The pool area would be the only place you could both use the whirlpool at the same time. Several years ago we had lunch at the SSR spa. Not sure if they do this anymore. We were served our lunch in the spa waiting room. You had to request your lunch in advance. Susan

Yes they have whirlpools. The spa whirlpools are not shared whirlpools. The pool area would be the only place you could both use the whirlpool at the same time. Several years ago we had lunch at the SSR spa. Not sure if they do this anymore. We were served our lunch in the spa waiting room. You had to request your lunch in advance. Susan

Thanks for the info, Susan! :yay:

We (Future MIL) and myself were to the GF Spa in September. Myself-I go to a local Day Spa about every 3-4 weeks for a variety of treatments from massages to facials and wraps and Mimi goes every week or two for Foot Reflexology. I feel the local Day Spa-does a great job most of the time from wonderful ambience and atmosphere to the actual treatments.

So, when we went to Disney we both thought it would just blow away the local Spa...I mean, it's Disney, everything is magical!

I called and made our reservations, plenty in advance. That morning Mimi went to the Spa and I went to drop the kids off at their "Cooking Class"...only to find out, I would be delayed as the people for the cooking class were running late (great!) Myself and another women dropping off kids both panic'd---we had heard if you are not there 15 minutes before your scheduled treatment, they automatically cancel you and charge your cc they have on file--so we called over to the Spa, no problem.

We arrived a few minutes later, quickly changed and prep'd for our treaments and went on our way.

My massage was nice--it was okay---nothing wrong with it. Did it blow away my local thereapist---no! Ambience/atmosphere was okay a few candles in the room---no aromotherapy (huh?) But it was alright. Cost wise, I'd say it was about 25% HIGHER than my local Spa---I thought being Disney, that was within reason. Some of their services though are much higher--so watch what you are getting done!

Mimi's Reflexology-she said it was great! And was ready to continue our trek accross WDW.

Would it be nice to have couples services...yeah...and we are planning to do so when we marry in the near future. It's a great and very thoughtful experience!

Best of Luck with your plans

Hi All,

I'm considering getting a half day or full day Spa package for my wife as a surprise. Since I really know nothing about Disney's Spas, I have a few questions:

1) Which one is the best?
2) What are the prices?
3) Do you need reservations for them?
4) Can you request a male or female, ermm... massager person? (I think my wife would feel a bit uncomfortable with another man doing it)
5) Can you use disney gift-cards to pay for them?

Anything else I should know about them?

Thanks!
FYI - Gaylord Palms has a (renowned) Canyon Ranch... http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/kissimmee-orlando-day-spa/ about 5 mins away from WDW. From what my DW tells me... well worth leaving WDW to get it!

I heard about a spa named, The Spa on Tripadvisor. The website is, thespalic
I don't know if you are only looking for Disney Spas. This is not a Disney Spa. I know at some point they were the named the best Spa in Orlando for 2007 and 2008. I signed up on their e-mail list and they sent out 50% off e-mails each day if they have openings for the next day.

We (Future MIL) and myself were to the GF Spa in September. Myself-I go to a local Day Spa about every 3-4 weeks for a variety of treatments from massages to facials and wraps and Mimi goes every week or two for Foot Reflexology. I feel the local Day Spa-does a great job most of the time from wonderful ambience and atmosphere to the actual treatments.

So, when we went to Disney we both thought it would just blow away the local Spa...I mean, it's Disney, everything is magical!

I called and made our reservations, plenty in advance. That morning Mimi went to the Spa and I went to drop the kids off at their "Cooking Class"...only to find out, I would be delayed as the people for the cooking class were running late (great!) Myself and another women dropping off kids both panic'd---we had heard if you are not there 15 minutes before your scheduled treatment, they automatically cancel you and charge your cc they have on file--so we called over to the Spa, no problem.

We arrived a few minutes later, quickly changed and prep'd for our treaments and went on our way.

My massage was nice--it was okay---nothing wrong with it. Did it blow away my local thereapist---no! Ambience/atmosphere was okay a few candles in the room---no aromotherapy (huh?) But it was alright. Cost wise, I'd say it was about 25% HIGHER than my local Spa---I thought being Disney, that was within reason. Some of their services though are much higher--so watch what you are getting done!

Mimi's Reflexology-she said it was great! And was ready to continue our trek accross WDW.

Would it be nice to have couples services...yeah...and we are planning to do so when we marry in the near future. It's a great and very thoughtful experience!

Best of Luck with your plans

Thanks for the info.... I had read in the unofficial guide that the SSR spa was way better than the GF. We were planning to go there... you make a good point about the prices. I think they have a couples massage at the SSR. We're still thinking about it. We are already buying cirque tickets.... this would be another added (pricey) expense. I want to make sure that it's worth the money.

Anyone with any positive experiences at the SSR spa?

I'd be interested in any non-disney spas people have been to and liked. I'm looking for the luxury of the disney spas for a lower price.

I've been thinking about the Spa at Lighthouse Key. It's owned by the same company as the disney spas, but the prices are much better. Anyone been there?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'd be interested in any non-disney spas people have been to and liked. I'm looking for the luxury of the disney spas for a lower price.

I've been thinking about the Spa at Lighthouse Key. It's owned by the same company as the disney spas, but the prices are much better. Anyone been there?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Just returned from our disney trip and since I know some of you were interested, I wanted to let you know that we visited the woodhouse day spa in orlando. http://www.orlando.woodhousespas.com/ The pictures on the site are of the spa, not stock photos.

The prices were very good I thought....it was $90 for a 60 min. massage and as a special, they were throwing in a free upgrade to a hot stone massage. In addition, the woodhouse day spa accepts spa finder gift cards...incase you didn't know, you can purchase spafinder gift cards at costco for 20% off.

A little about this spa - it just opened in early March 2009, so it's very new. It's in a new outdoor mall on sandlake road (about 10 - 15 min. from disney). It's VERY luxurious...even more so than the disney spas I think. We paid $25 to rent a car and go offisite...and even with the car rental, it was MUCH MUCH cheaper than Disney. We'll do this again!

I have to do a shout out for the Grand Floridian Spa.

Boring story setup: I suffer from chronic migraines and rather than taking a bunch of medication, I have been treated for the last 4 years using a combination of chiropractic and massage therapies. In that time I've had only 3 or 4 migraines, as opposed to one or more a month before treatment. Anyway, I get a massage every week (yay for good insurance). I keep it up when I'm traveling (paying OOP), so I've had the opportunity to compare lots of massages.

In December, I had the "Aurum Manus" massage at the GF Spa and it was, hands down, the BEST massage I've ever had...out of literally hundreds. Of course, a massage is only as good as the therapist (especially since I don't buy into the "healing semiprecious stones" mumbo-jumbo that is part of this treatment...they're just ROCKS).

Anyway, the therapist was incredibly well-trained, caring and friendly. The only "ouch" was the $205-plus-tip cost for 80 minutes. But it was absolutely worth it. I can't count how many times I've spent more than $100 on a massage where the therapist just "went through the motions" of their routine like a robot.

I also got a facial during the same trip and it, too, was one of the best ever. Like just about everything at WDW, the spas are expensive. But unlike some things (ie, 5-star hotel prices for a 3-star experience at certain properties), my spa visits have been worth it.

The Ritz is hands down the best. The Spas at WDW just don't compare in terms of ambiance. Use of the private pool and lunch is great also. Mandara at Portofino runs second. Stayed at Gaylord but did not try Canyon due to it having a strict policy against under 18-year olds (Ritz allows treatment with parent present.) And, there are some incredible rates at Grande Lakes right now. One night and two treatments $279 at JW and $319 at Ritz. Also inlcudes breakfast for two. For more information, do a search of my posts and you'll see how to book it. We booked it for 7/2-4.

I have been to SSR & Mandara @ Swan
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/SwanDolphin/spa.htm
I preferred ambience and all over service at Mandara. the place is beautiful very quiet and relaxing

SSR was in with the gym area, guys were cutting thru while you were waiting in robe , could hear people working out and on cell phones
You go up and down stairs. they did have the whirlpool, which Mandara did not.

I just felt Spa at Mandara and gym at SSR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter