Best souvenirs you got in wdw!!!

amdisney1107

Disney Bound!
I'm leaving very soon and I want to buy really good souvenirs. I thought it would be kinda fun for everyone to tell their favorite ones. Most expensive... most affordable... silliest... easiest...best to give someone else...good for kids...
:cool1: so let's hear 'em people!!!!

You can check out my Sig look in the TINKROOM most of that is from DL and WDW.

I have a few very nice watches as well.

But my Fav is the JacK S snowglobe we picked up in Oct. DD is her Tink igure that she paid for herself (as well as most of the other things).

Wow! There is such a variety available! We always stop by Japan at Epcot and pick up a couple of Lucky Cats. They have them from $ to $$$, and they represent "bringing" health, wealth, etc. They are great for your friends who may not be as Disney crazy as you/we are. I know, how could someone NOT be Disney crazy? :rotfl2:

Epcot has a lot of neat items which folks might appreciate -- things you couldn't find "back home." :thumbsup2

My favorites are my kids' silhouettes and some plastic tumblers that I use almost daily. Oh, and Christmas ornaments.

I am an ornament collector. So I bought several ornaments - great ones in Epcot. This year we are doing pin trading - which looks like it may be rather costly. So those pins will be the main souveniers. Another one that the kids enjoyed was the passport book they had stamped and signed at all the countries. They also enjoyed making the masks at KidCot stops.

I got this really cool key chain from a shop in the UK pavillion at EPCOT, I think it was called Crown and Crest. I got my last name with our family coat of arms put into a keychain. I believe it was around 5 or 6 dollars maybe a bit more. Not too bad for such a neat little souvenir, IMO. Unfortunately my keychain broke when I dropped it while I was walking to my car. It was raining and the little paper with my name and the crest got wet and ruined. When I'm there in March I plan on getting a new one to replace it :thumbsup2

How about pressed pennies as souvenirs. There inexpensive ($.51 for one pressed penny). I collect WDCC figurines so I always stop in at the Art of Disney. And I can never get enough Christmas decorations.
Hope this helps,

BarbaraK

When I was there in Aug. I got a small messanger bag and when I got home I realized it was a misprinted one, instead of saying Disney Theme Parks it only says Disney Theme Pa. I love it.
Then when I went for New Years' bf got me a little $12 necklace. with mickey ears. I don't wear Jewelry, but I've been back for 5 days now, and I haven't taken it off yet.

Cool topic!

I'm lucky that my 2.5 YO DS is pretty happy with the cheap stuff. His favorite toys are small items from resort gift shops: a Disney bus (he loved riding the buses at WDW) and plastic Mickey mouse cell phone with Mickey's voice. We also really enjoy playing with the Mr. Potato Head Disney parts from the POP gift shop.

The only Disney things I collect are Nightmare Before Christmas - does Disney carry these items year round? I could definitely do some major damage to my credit card if the gift shops have a good selection of NBX merchandise. Now that I know about buying things at the parks and having them sent to the resort - I'm ready to shop!

On our trip in Nov/Dec. I was delighted to find a few items with Walt on them :goodvibes . I brought home a purse and a mug that shows Walt Disney in black and white walking through Disneyland. They are very cool! We also brought home the Mickey throw blanket that you could get for 15 dollars if you spent 65. Which we did, quite easily!

Susan they have Jack stuff all year round:thumbsup2 ! The best places are the Villain's shop in MGM and the Tower of Terror gift shop. Have fun shopping!

The only Disney things I collect are Nightmare Before Christmas - does Disney carry these items year round? I could definitely do some major damage to my credit card if the gift shops have a good selection of NBX merchandise. Now that I know about buying things at the parks and having them sent to the resort - I'm ready to shop!

There was a lot of Nightmare stuff in Disney-MGM Studios back when I worked there in 2004. Last time I was there there was tons of stuff, but it was in October. I'm not sure if the parks carry stuff year round or not, but your best bet is Studios.

Some of my favorite purchases - my lucky cat Ringo (I named him) from Japan and the Nag Champa incense that I bought at the House of Blues in DTD.

I man, I have one I just love!!!! :love:

I have the greatest tiara like crown I found in the Germany pavillion!!! It is small and glittery and looks like a real crown - DD and I wear them the whole time we are at WDW (and while I'm vacuuming and scrubbing floors at home!;) )

I man, I have one I just love!!!! :love:

I have the greatest tiara like crown I found in the Germany pavillion!!! It is small and glittery and looks like a real crown - DD and I wear them the whole time we are at WDW (and while I'm vacuuming and scrubbing floors at home!;) )

Oh, I've GOT to get me one of those! How long ago did you get it?

I collect Christmas ornaments, and get a couple each time we go. At the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square, I found a box of the blown glass ornaments (4) for $20 - VERY reasonble, especially for Disney. There's an ornament for each of the parks, the TOL for AK, the castle for MK, the sorcerer's hat for MGM, and Spaceship Earth for Epcot. They're colorful, glittery, and so pretty!

I love to buy Christmas ornaments because you will have those memories every year. I also have a crystal Mickey sitting on a stack of movie reels that I love. Last year I got a crystal apple with a scene from Snow White sketched in the inside. I will have them forever and pass them down to my grandkids someday. We will be there in 20 days and I will be buying again. LOL

Great topic!

I love my Disney Christmas ornaments and cannot wait to stock up on some more in December.

I like the kitcheny type things you can buy - the mickey head bottle stopper and bottle opener went down really well as gifts even for people who are not huge Disney fans.

Kxx

We were there last year, and there was quite a bit of Nightmare at MGM and in several stores too. MGM also has a villian store on the way to TOT and it has alot of Nightmare there too.
Downtown Disney has Nightmare also.

My 4 boys LOVED doing the pennies. I bought mini m&m's and filled them with 2 quarter's/1 shiney penny. I did 3 for each boy and they went crazy looking for penny pressers! Even my then 16 yr old loved doing it. WDW also sells penny books to store your pennies in. We also found out there are bigger pressers, quarters I think that cost a $1.25 (including the quarter). The boys didn't do as many of those. They even asked me if they could do the pennies again this year too!

My Favorite is the Disney frames. I get one every year and date it. It holds about 10-12 photos and they are only $25. They are hung in the front of our house and people love to look at them when they visit. I love to look at them too:) :)

tracy

My favorite is the Pal Mickey that I got this past August!!! He is going back with me and my twin DGDs in August. I also love Sorcerer Mickey anything. I have alot of pins and small figurines of the Mouse. I am hoping that the girls will like the pressed penny idea. Does anyone know if there are machines for pressed pennies at the All Stars? Are they close enough together so that we can walk around and get some from each of the resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter