• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best souvenirs you ever purchased?

OMG where did you get the mug??
Coffee Mug with "¡Por Favor, Mantengase alejado de las Puertas" I would love to get that!
We have some Mickey beach towels that have held up well for years.

My personal favourite was actually a gift for someone else - I bought a large Disney fairy tale story book for my 1 year old niece on my last trip, and I then had characters sign their story (Peter Pan, Wendy and Tink on Peter Pan, Cinderella and Prince Charming on Cinderella, etc). Any characters that didn't have their stories in the book got to sign on the inside front and back covers. Now that she's almost 3, my sister says it is her absolute favourite book and they have a hard time keeping her hands off of it.

This almost makes me want to cry, what a great gift!!

Here are some of my favorites that I have collected over the years:

mini fridge picture frame, and I added a picture of our group from the trip

ornaments (as mentioned) are a great one! Definitely get it personalized and dated!

we got engaged in Cinderella's castle, so I have a keychain of the castle...it has held up so well and makes me smile every day!

coffee mugs...so many to choose from, but I always like to bring one back to add to the collection!

I love the idea of goblets to use every anniversary. When we got engaged at CRT, we got some champagne flutes that we plan to bring back to Disney to toast in our room for our first wedding anniversary this October. I'm a tradition girl, so i'm all about finding something meaningful that you can use year after year (or trip after trip)

We really regret not getting bride/groom ears on our engagement trip. We brushed it off as a frivolous thing that we'd only use once, but wish we would have had them for wedding photos, and plan to get them on our anniversary trip this time (hey...we are still "newlyweds" :love:).

I also do highly recommend getting the memory maker if you haven't already. We have SOOOO many pictures together from our trip. There is a little shop close to the castle that has a little photo booth. We got some great "couple" photos there before dinner with a nice background. They would be great keepsakes from your honeymoon. :)

This trip, we are planning on visiting the art store in Disney Springs (I don't know the name of it, but we visited last trip) and getting an original drawing or painting. A more pricey gift, but we're doing it as our "paper" gift to each other for our anniversary. :)

Love ALLL these ideas in this thread!

Last edited:
OMG where did you get the mug??
Coffee Mug with "¡Por Favor, Mantengase alejado de las Puertas" I would love to get that!
We have some Mickey beach towels that have held up well for years.

I saw them in several shops, but I got mine at DisneyQuest Emporium in Downtown Disney - now DisneySprings

I bought a few expensive t-shirts with Mickey and Minnie with nice deco on them. I also bought a handbag in a rainbow foil colors,with Mickey for my daughter. I love the Vera Bradley bags with the Disney prints Midnight with Mickey and may buy one this time around. Also love the Minnie Bake Shoppe cookies, brought a whole bunch home last time, collector pins, different Mickey ears

I love my refillable mug, even if I have a few now - I only get one on longer trips, though.

I also like stuff I can use and see every day - for instance, a few years ago I got a set of Mickey measuring cups and spoons. They weren't too expensive, and I use them all the time!

This trip I'm thinking about getting a Wishes soundtrack or maybe another kitchen item. If I have a little more spending money, an Alex and Ani bracelet would be awesome too - I have a Belle one I got for Christmas and wear it every day.

I like souveniers that feature more offbeat aspects of the parks, such as:
Coffee Mug with "¡Por Favor, Mantengase alejado de las Puertas"
Coffee Mug with "Mine Mine Mine" seagulls
Turkey Leg T-Shirt
Anything Pirates (preferably from Disneyland)
Construction Cone Soft Drink Mug (Cars Land)

I bought my daughter a shirt with "¡Por Favor, Mantengase alejado de las Puertas" because she was 8 on our first trip and she would go around repeating this over and over. I just bought her the shirt last year, she is 14 now and she loves it!

Last edited:
Reading this thread made me so happy. Disney memories are just amazing!

My suggestions: start getting a Christmas ornament every trip ya take, not just Disney ones. My family loves unwrapping our ornaments each year and reliving all of our adventures.
Get memory maker and every time you see a photographer in the parks stop for a photo. You never know which photographer will snap that favorite pic. When you get back buy a large frame that holds multiple pics and put in your favorites. I did this with our first trip and 5 years later I still love to stop and look at those pics in the hall.
We actually had Mickey and Minnie goblets for our toast at our wedding 18 years ago, and we had never been to Disney! Guess they were a sign of the Disney crazed person I would become.

Make sure you get something that can be used everyday. You can't see Disney and not be happy! Mugs, soundtracks (I love listening to parks music), keychain, just something that will bring that Disney magic back home to everyday life.

Congratulations and I hope ya have an amazing trip!!!!

Anything for your kitchen is a great disney reminder :) We have popcorn bowls, oven mitts, etc. We always get the throw blanket.

I bought my daughter a shirt with "¡Por Favor, Mantengase alejado de las Puertas" because she was 8 on our first trip and she would go around repeating this over and over. I just bought her the shirt last year, she is 14 now and she loves it!

That's hilarious! It does sort of get stuck in your brain.

I got a silicone muffin pan. It makes the BEST ice cubes-- one will keep your soda cool through a refill or two!

What a great idea! I just ordered one of these last week via the Shop Parks app and received it today. I'm going to definitely try that.

I love the silhouette cutouts . As others have said- it is a generational - ongoing souvenir . Every time I see them- I can't help but smile. My grandson will be getting his first silhouette cutting in September that will be framed and hung by his dad's. Two 2 yr olds hanging side by side. I also love the book being signed by the different characters . So clever!

We had a different twist on having the characters sign the fairytale book. We bought the book, Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters, on Amazon. The book has every imaginable Disney character and princess in it--each character has its own page with a picture, a snapshot of a scene from the movie or cartoon, and a description. Also brought some post its along to mark the page in case the book inadvertently closed when we handed the book to the characters. A Sharpie marker worked best---just need to give it a second to dry before you close it. I carried it in a small backpack--it isn't heavy but it is a hardback book. Bring a plastic bag along too to protect it from rain etc.

An idea for a Mother's Day or Christmas present . . . . We were traveling with my daughter and her family. One evening, I took my two grandsons (ages 3 and 5) to the Japanese pavilion in Epcot to pick out a pearl for their mom---each one got to pick out a oyster/pearl, and then they each selected a setting--we didn't buy the chain there, but instead bought it locally since it was cheaper. When picking out the settings, there are multiple different trays---I immediately narrowed it down to 2 trays to make the selection process easier--plus one of the trays had unusual settings, like snakes, lizards and swords, which I didn't think my daughter would wear to work (but I can guarantee that the two of them would have selected something from that tray). I took a whole series of sequential pictures---the two of them holding hands walking into the store, leaning over the tank selecting an oyster, the woman removing the oyster from the tank and then opening it, the boys faces when they saw the pearl in the oyster, etc etc. Also took pictures of the boys peering over the case to select a setting and then walking out of the store carrying the bags with their purchase. I went on shutterfly and made a book using the pictures to give to her with the two necklaces--titled it "I Love Mommy."

Here's an idea for free. We bought an 8x10 photo mat that holds a 5x7 picture. it fit in one of those gallon size baggies. We carried it in our bag to Epcot and had the CMs from each country write the word "Love" in their own language. We now have a pic of us from Epcot frameD in that mat! Looks great too!

Here's an idea for free. We bought an 8x10 photo mat that holds a 5x7 picture. it fit in one of those gallon size baggies. We carried it in our bag to Epcot and had the CMs from each country write the word "Love" in their own language. We now have a pic of us from Epcot frameD in that mat! Looks great too!

I love this idea!

There are so many awesome ideas on this board. I love it!

I have so many souvenirs that I love!

my Minnie ears

The necklace that I made in the Japan pavilion with a pick a pearl. I wear it all the time.

Memory maker. I got so many great pictures to cherish and I didn't have the stress of getting people to take my pictures with my phone. Just had them all on my account. And they are great, professional looking pictures.

I made a shutterfly book out of said pictures.

My coffee mugs. I use them all the time.

Mickey Mouse glove oven mitt.

My husband bought a Star Wars hat and sweatshirt that he wears allllllll the time.

And one of my absolute favorites was all the pins that we either bought or traded for. That was such a great experience. Hunting down cool pins, talking to the cast members and we even got to trade at the cool board that's in Disney springs. Just great memories. I even used a cool frame with cork in it and hung them in the wall.
image.jpeg

I would really love a frame that I could have all the characters sign but I feel like it would be really annoying to lug around.

Not from wdw but from DLP, me and my then boyfriend went on our first holiday there and we were in sleeping beauty's castle gift shop where he saw this cushion of Mickley and Minnie who got 'just married'. Just so happens I did marry him and the cushion is in our bedroom 3 years later! Hoping to find something just as special when we go next year :daisy:
Sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter